Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their are a lot of stupid, unrealistic films based on hockey such as the Mighty Ducks series with Emilio Estevez and Mystery Alaska but there are other great films based on hockey such as Slapshot and Miracle. What is your favourite film based on hockey?

My favourite film is Miracle although Slapshot was a very good, classic hockey film. I liked how Miracle was dramatic and how the actors played their roles well. Also they skated fine for actors unlike the kids from the Mighty Ducks who looked like they have never experienced hockey.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Miracle was great! Herb Brooks was excellently portrayed. it was an amazing film. similiar to the real thing but not too close.

Only in the movies. as they said Herb Brooks Lived it! that movie was also awesome because they used some of the original players kids for that movie. and the boy that Played Eruzioni did awesome and looked similar to Eruzioni!

·
Banned
961 Posts
Movies

My favorite hockey movie is Slap Shot,i also liked the movie gross misconduct which was about Brian spinner spencer who was with the leafs and sabres.i also liked the movie Net Worth. this movie is about when ted lindsay started the players union back in the 1950s.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Miracle was simply amazing.
The actors were filled so that they had the hockey skills and so they looked liek the actual people.

·
Registered
90 Posts
HabsRule said:
Happy Gilmore.:cheeky4:
I think I killed the Mista Mista lady......:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
My favorite hockey movie is Slap Shot,i also liked the movie gross misconduct which was about Brian spinner spencer who was with the leafs and sabres.i also liked the movie Net Worth. this movie is about when ted lindsay started the players union back in the 1950s.
gonna have to look at that one. Spinner also did a few years in Pittsburgh I believe.

Depends on the day. If you want fun, slapshot. serious, Miracle on Ice, Although I always get a chuckle, the bench scenes were not filmed at a rink, and when the players go over the boards, it looks as though the boards are going to fall over.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I vote for Slapshot. It captures the US minor league hockey system in its' time period; not that things have changed too much in the last 30 years. Classic, timeless fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts