Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What went wrong? we were looking like a playoff team for a majority of the season yet we fall apart at the end. :thumbsdow What happened? was it the players? the coaching? what are some thoughts?

-canuckhead-

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well first of all the Canucks have not had a solid number 1 goalie in a long time. Lets face it, Cloutier is not going to win you a stanley cup.They tried to adress the goalie issue with Noronen, but that didnt cut it.

The whole Crawford/Bertuzzi issue was always there and their best players never played like they can. Naslund, Morrison, Bertuzzi.

So I think it was a combination of things that let to the failure this season.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well see that's where I see different. We were no. 1/ no. 2 for a long time with Auld and even though Cloutier had an injury we were still looking strong. Auld is a strong keeper. Our defense was strong. Our confidence just went down the drain after the playoff run because I think teams started playing harder and we didn't step it up.. I believe the injuries that occured had something to do with that..

·
Registered
156 Posts
As a Vancouver resident, let me say that their best players were not their best players.

I guess no one realized how much the top line figured so much into the Canucks's success. When they all went.....

Face, the team needed a shake-up. They were complacent and rarely looked as good as in years past.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
The year Vancouver finally got a really good second line in Sedin-Sedin-Carter, their top line fizzles out and they end up being a "one line team" again.

Only, it wasn't Nazzy-Mo-Tuzzi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts