Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So titles are you guys playing right now? On what system? What do you think about the game? Would you recommend it to others? Did you buy it or rent it? Have you beaten it?

I never know what to get when I go to the store so maybe a thread like this could be fun and useful.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm playing Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks for the old Xbox. It sucks. Ok maybe it doesn't suck but I just finished playing through Marvel Ultimate Alliance twice and MK:SM is a bloodier and watered down version. Basically you control either Liu Kang or Kung Lao through an epic smashers/action with weak elements of a rpg. The finishers are lame but the combos are pretty cool.

The problem is nothing holds you to the game, nothing is making me want to go play it right now. You collect exp. points by beating ememies in a melee combact but if you're keen and a stasher and collector like me than you can max out your powers before being 20% of the way through the game.

Pro's: Awesome combos

Con's: You can't save often enough and everything else I've said.

I do own it and haven't beaten it which is the only reason why I'm going to continue playing it.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I am playing Call of Duty 3 and NHL 07 for Xbox 360 now. I really like both of the games. Call of Duty has awesome graphics and it's a 1st person shooter. The guns are nice, gameplay is good. NHL 07 is awesome cuz its hockey, the graphics are good, gameplay is good as well. The only problem is there are some glitches with NHL 07. I would recommend both games to other if they enjoy war games or 1st person shooters, and hockey. I own both games. I have completed one year of my dynasty with the Red Wings in NHL, and have not beaten Call of Duty yet.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
NHL 07 and and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

NHL 07 has awesome gameplay, and they EA team has finally fixed the crowd. I'm missing a lot of playes though, and the Create-A-Player really sucks.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance kicks absolute butt. They only thing I don't like is the characters selection. I mean, how can Gambit not be in the game, while we get players like Luke Cage? I mean, how on Earth did he make it in an not Gambit? Is being able to blow up anything that is non-organic suddenly not enough?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Im stuck up in the middle of no where working so I just have my PSP and my laptop.

For my PSP Im playing Pirates, GTA Vice City, LocoRoco, Metal Geat and Lumines 2.

For my Laptop Im playing SNES and NES games on an emulator, and sometimes CIV4 and Galactic Civilizations 2.

When Im at home I play NHL2K7, Gears of War and COD3 mainly.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:

NHL 07 has awesome gameplay, and they EA team has finally fixed the crowd. I'm missing a lot of playes though, and the Create-A-Player really sucks.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance kicks absolute butt. They only thing I don't like is the characters selection. I mean, how can Gambit not be in the game, while we get players like Luke Cage? I mean, how on Earth did he make it in an not Gambit? Is being able to blow up anything that is non-organic suddenly not enough?
What's the deal with the create-a-player?

I gotta believe that their saving some characters for MAA2. Jean Grey isn't playable? Same with Nightcrawler? No Hulk? Luke Cage is pretty good but a total filler character.

Rstar: PSP vs Nintendo DS? What do you think?

I think Canuck just inspired me to go get a Tiger game.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Marvel Ultimat Alliance

Marvel Ultimate Alliance with mods. Also Freedom Force 1 and 2 also with mods.

·
Registered
269 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:

Go to marvelmods.com if you like modifications to the game. It's really cool.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
shookem said:
What's the deal with the create-a-player?
The XBOX360 version of the game only has 12 pre-selectable created players. There's no customization of facial details, or player equipment.

Only the name, size, and skill of the player can be edited.

Fighting Champ Probert said:
Go to marvelmods.com if you like modifications to the game. It's really cool.
Sick! I'm not sure if they have Next-Gen console verions though.

And even then I don't have XBOX Live yet, but intend to get it by March (when the new XBO360 exclusive downloadable content is released).

I also heard about Iron Man's right bein bought by sega last year. That sucks. I mean, what would they want with him?! :mad: Now it's doubtful he'll be in the next release.

I think that was also the reason behind why Punisher wasn't in the game this time around. His rights were tied up who knows where. :dunno:

And all th Fantasitic 4 are out too? (or a least most of them) Johnny Storm ain't bad, I don't want him out.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I've been playing with Captain America, and I gotta' say that he's one of the funnest characters to use in the game.

You need so much skill, patience, and timing to be a human without powers. Also, Blocking and Rolling are both quite necessary... stealing weapons from the baddies as well.

When it all comes together and you're beating up guys you shouldn't stand a chane against though, it's real satisfying. :)

God Bless him and his shield!!! :D

I also tried out Daredevil. Woah! What a shock. :eek: I didn't see that one coming (pun not intended), but it's quite awesome once you get the hang of it.

I'm almost through beating the game again, so maybe this time I can get Fury, and see what he's got.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm playing Super Mario Bros from the Nintendo DS and I gotta say it rocks. I've played so many games that let you room forever with nothing but unimportant rocks and crates around you that this simply, yet masterfully laid out game is refreshing.

My g/f bought the DS and the game, neither of us have beat it but she's a lot closer than me.

Her B-day is coming up and I think she'd like another game for the DS. Does anyone know any good ones? Is the other Mario game for the system any good or that Brain Tease game?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I don't know about any DS games. But, I am currently playing WWE Raw vs. Smackdown 2007. Game is pretty sweet, if you like wrestling that is. Graphics are nice too.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I've been playing NHL 07 and Need fOR Speed: Carbon. both are awesome games, except I always find the Need for Speed series games too easy. NHL also gets too easy, I'm now playing on Superstar mode and I still win every game. So I think I may trade Phaneuf, Iginla and Regher for Simon.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
shookem said:
I still say that No Mercy for N64 is the best wrestling video game ever.

I still play it from time to time.
I remember that game. I used to play that game and Wrestlemania 2000 all the time. But, I don't play my N64 anymore.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts