Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they have everything....what they need is the players to have chemistry....they can't keep signing new guys and expect to win...they have an awsome team but their team does not have any chemistry..they needed to stick together as a team first before they succed.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Actually, you should have had an option on the poll labelled "heart". The Rangers just have no heart, and a severe case of Primadonnaitis.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Darbie said:
Actually, you should have had an option on the poll labelled "heart". The Rangers just have no heart, and a severe case of Primadonnaitis.
"Primadonnaitis" ....I like that one!!!! :lol:

I didn't see a selection that said, "More ex-Oilers", either..... :wink:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
The Rangers need a complete rebuild, from management down to the farm team.

The owners need to wake up and figure out things are sucking big time and change is needed; a new philosphy is required. The win at all costs now mentality isn't working; instead the Rangers need to build for the future.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
It's hard to tell.

They have all the right tools to win it all, but they're missing all the right tools to win it all.

It's a win/lose situation there really. Kind of . . . messed up in the NYR. :?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Iced Tea said:
The Rangers need a complete rebuild, from management down to the farm team.

The owners need to wake up and figure out things are sucking big time and change is needed; a new philosphy is required. The win at all costs now mentality isn't working; instead the Rangers need to build for the future.
They have a farm team? Who woulda thunk? (and don't say their farm team is the Edmonton Oilers!!! :lol: )

·
Registered
244 Posts
habguy said:
The Rangers need a leader someone who can inspire them and Messier is not a leader or isnt anymore.
Personally I think they may have their new leader in Bobby Holik. He's not wearing the C but I definitely think he can be the player that will help to elevate them to the next level... or at least a playoff spot.

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
The Rangers seem to have a flair to pick-up star players who, for one reason or another, were not happy with their teams or one dimentional players. Some which could even be described as distractions to their former team. They are talented for sure, but IMO not "team players".

The Lindros, Bure, Nedved and now Jagr have been known for putting their personal needs ahead of the teams throughout their career. They are also explosive on offense, but their defense is non-existant. You can add Poti and Kovalev as one dimentional players (and Poti isn't producing offensively this year). Then you have Malakhov's inconsistant play to the recipe... Although overpaid, Holik was a good pick-up.

A good friend of mine is the sports editor for our local newspaper and he is a die-hard Rangers fan. His recent seasons could be best summarized as a roller coaster ride. Excited every time they would sign a big ticket player, only to be downed by them not making the playoffs!

So what do they need? Less stars and more team dedication and heart.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Seriously, I don't know about off the ice, but on the ice they need a freaking goaltender, a real one, which they haven't had since Richter, and they need some defensemen that can play defense. FCS Leetch is great,, but Poti, Malakhov, Mironov, etc, what do you expect from these guys.

With that if the forwards could just start with a basic defensive system, the huge amount of skill level up front would take care of the offense on its own.

I don't know if Sather is trying to bring back the brand of hockey from the 80s Oilers, but it don't work in today's NHL, especially in the playoffs, not that the Rangers remember those.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
2/3 d-men that can actually do their jobs: play defence.

An upgrade in nets.

A Coach.

Chemistry.

The lowering of the players' ego status.

TEAMWORK!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Clearly, they need a new GM. First of all, Sather cannot realize the difference between "buying" and "selling". He trys to do both at the same time which is pointless.

·
Registered
820 Posts
They spend all that money on players, and then don't get a good coach. It doesn't make sense. Unless you're actually hoping to fail, which is a possibility. Maybe a PR move leading up to the CBA - reinforcing the league's message that players are way overpaid.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts