Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They beat the heck out of Ottawa last night, 5 to 1, but Tampa beat Carolina, so the Leafs aren't in the playoffs this year. Damnit. We need to get all the Canadian teams into the post season.

·
Registered
38 Posts
and then they got effin owned by buffalo ...whats up with that ???

they need to fire everyone and start from scratch ...like the jays did...

kcick that bum Quinn to the corner! hes holding them back with shit players like Sundin...he did nothing this year and made 7 mill... out of control.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think that there will be many changes made throughout the league, just not Toronto. The Leafs are old, and need a complete overhaul. They have some talented players, but new ideas are needed in TO, and I think Quinn will be a casualty of their mess. They have played much better over the past few weeks, unfortunately for them, their hole was just too deep to dig out of.

Meanwhile, other teams will also be in clean house mode, such as Vancouver, LA for certain, St. Louis, and perhaps others like Florida and Pittsburgh.

Vancouver will be interesting, as they had big hopes to not just make the playoffs, but make some noise. Instead, the problems with this team were apparent to all who watched them.

LA will most certainly fire Dave Taylor, and whoever the new GM is, will most likely bring in a new coach. The Kings tanked the last 2 months of the season, hard to believe that in early January, their record was one of the best in the league!

With the sad sack Blues, where do you go? They have nothing much to be excited about, it seems it may be years before they challenge the top teams again.

The off season will be interesting for certain, but first things first, lets get ready for the post season, and watch hockey at it's best.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hkyfn said:
I think that there will be many changes made throughout the league, just not Toronto. The Leafs are old, and need a complete overhaul. They have some talented players, but new ideas are needed in TO, and I think Quinn will be a casualty of their mess. They have played much better over the past few weeks, unfortunately for them, their hole was just too deep to dig out of.

Meanwhile, other teams will also be in clean house mode, such as Vancouver, LA for certain, St. Louis, and perhaps others like Florida and Pittsburgh.

Vancouver will be interesting, as they had big hopes to not just make the playoffs, but make some noise. Instead, the problems with this team were apparent to all who watched them.

LA will most certainly fire Dave Taylor, and whoever the new GM is, will most likely bring in a new coach. The Kings tanked the last 2 months of the season, hard to believe that in early January, their record was one of the best in the league!

With the sad sack Blues, where do you go? They have nothing much to be excited about, it seems it may be years before they challenge the top teams again.

The off season will be interesting for certain, but first things first, lets get ready for the post season, and watch hockey at it's best.
now thats some good insight!!!

your right leafs need the overhaul! its a shame they couldnt do it with the players they have now, cuz i really do like them...but you have to do what you have to do to win

hell they were playing great the last few weeks cuz they brought up a slew of players from the Marlies...

i say shit can teh leafs and make the Marlies the new team!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
overhaul.. yea right. why? This is a dollar and cents issue. If the fans stopped showing support they would make the changes, but right now why bother, we're all still there rooting for the guys...

its kinda lame.. and a real shame... :thumbsdow

Id like to see an overhaul too, but that will just start the rebuild phase which im sure will last 10 years :thumbsdow

·
Registered
38 Posts
NICEGUY said:
overhaul.. yea right. why? This is a dollar and cents issue. If the fans stopped showing support they would make the changes, but right now why bother, we're all still there rooting for the guys...

its kinda lame.. and a real shame... :thumbsdow

Id like to see an overhaul too, but that will just start the rebuild phase which im sure will last 10 years :thumbsdow
better to start the rebuilding now then a few years from now when you have to due to age!

Toronto needs a new mentality, a feash way of thinking weather its Quinn or ferguson...

it will happen ...since this new salary cap has been implemented the leafs can no longer afford to mess around. you go from having one of the highest
budgets to being the same as everyone else you better make sure you know what your doin

there is no reason why bullshit players such as Sundin make 7 mill a year...you can get 2 new rookies and pay them a total of 7 nd be just as good if not better.

they better figure out where to spend this money or the fans arent gonna be happy

·
Registered
230 Posts
HabsRule said:
They beat the heck out of Ottawa last night, 5 to 1, but Tampa beat Carolina, so the Leafs aren't in the playoffs this year. Damnit. We need to get all the Canadian teams into the post season.
that means alot comming from a habs fan...im touched..lol..even my other team (vancouver) didnt make the playoffs! gosh darn it!!!!...

all i gotta say is taht im happy they had a great run...almost winning the last 10 games..with a 8-0-2...but oh well...stuff happens..and we beat the senators..so that means alot lmao..since they lost all their games! grr :mad: lol...next year :) lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts