Congrats.

Broke the "Hossa Curse".

Great young team, with a great future.

So all you Hawks fan come in here and celebrate.:beer

You's the Champs MAN!!!!!!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Celebrate now because the Hawks you saw this year are not going to get better next year!

Chicago has all of their huge contracts for Toews, Kane, and Keith finally kicking in - Kane goes from 3.7 to 6.3, Toews goes from 2.8 to 6.3, and Keith goes from 1.5 to 5.5 - that's an addition of 10 million to their already cap-restricted team. They have Hossa signed to a good contract for 5.3 M, Sharp making 3.9 M (overpriced), Bolland making 3.4 M LONG TERM (um that's god awful), Versteeg and Byfuglien making over 3 M, John Madden making 2.8 M (UFA), Brian Campbell robbing them for 7 M on a long term contract, Seabrook earning 3.5 M, Kim Johnson (UFA) making almost 5 M (he'll come off the books), and Huet stealing 5.6 M while Niemi is going to demand a significant upgrade from his 800K. So...yeah, this is pretty much it for the Blackhawks to have this much talent on one team.

But either way congratulations on winning the cup!

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Who cares about the cap implications right now? They know they'll lose people, but bringing the Stanley Cup back to Chicago is well worth it. Celebrate now and worry about the cap in a week.

I know I said don't worry about the cap right now, but.. Toews got a $1.3M bonus for winning the Smythe. Since they're at the cap this year, it rolls over to next season.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Sharp making 3.9 M (overpriced)
I think I have to disagree; I think $3.9M is a fair price for Sharp. I think he played great in these playoffs. He ended up with 11 goals and 11 assists for 22 points, which ranked him fifth behind Briere, Toews, Kane, and Richards. And that's not to mention the hustle he shows behind the play and the fact that the coaching staff must see some leadership capabilities in him since he's an alternate captain, after all.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who cares about the cap implications right now? They know they'll lose people, but bringing the Stanley Cup back to Chicago is well worth it. Celebrate now and worry about the cap in a week.

I know I said don't worry about the cap right now, but.. Toews got a $1.3M bonus for winning the Smythe. Since they're at the cap this year, it rolls over to next season.

It just gets worse for them. The one upside is that Skille should be in the line up for around 1-1.5M and make up for a fair bit of whatever offense they aregoign to have to part with.

PLus with the money they made in the post season they might eat Huet's contract and ship him to the minors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
woah

I just got back for the parade 2 million people were in the streets, everyone was celebrating and was for the most part civil. It was really an experience :beer !
I think we're in some trouble next year though.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I think I have to disagree; I think $3.9M is a fair price for Sharp. I think he played great in these playoffs. He ended up with 11 goals and 11 assists for 22 points, which ranked him fifth behind Briere, Toews, Kane, and Richards. And that's not to mention the hustle he shows behind the play and the fact that the coaching staff must see some leadership capabilities in him since he's an alternate captain, after all.
I have to agree with you too Yzer.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I just got back for the parade 2 million people were in the streets, everyone was celebrating and was for the most part civil. It was really an experience :beer !
Nice it looked crazy when I saw some footage of it.:bt

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
That must of been a great time. I know I would be celebrating for quite awhile if my team won the cup.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Fair enough. 3.9m for one of the most valuable Hawks this post-season isn't overpriced at all now, is it? In my own defense, I took that write-up from an email I wrote to a friend at the beginning of the playoffs telling him why I thought that if the Hawks were going to win it, they had to do it this year - and thus he hasn't stepped it up entirely like he did.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
BTW where the players going around showing off their....:win

1 - 11 of 11 Posts