• Predators in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Another great match up. I believe the season series was split two games a piece. I'm curious to see if the Predators can continue to find offense and give the Canucks trouble or the Canucks depth will over power them. A defensive minded Predators team managed to put up no less than 3 goals in every game they played in the first round.

As for my prediction, Canucks in 6.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Canucks in 5 I say. The Canucks have much depth over the Preds but I would say Canucks wrap them up in 5.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If the Canucks play like games 6 & 7 of the first round, they'll win this round. If they show like game 4 & 5 of the Hawks series, they'll choke once more in round two and end up on the golf course. Which Canucks team shows up depends on how bad the players want to make it to round three.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Preds in 6. I like this team a lot, and IMO they looked great against the Ducks and Rinne wasn't even at the top of his game for the good part of that series. The Canucks didn't impress me at all against a Blackhawks team that should have been put away pretty easily. And the Canucks actually have a bit of goaltending issues as well right now. I think Nashville is very solid defensively and they have stepped up on offense so far in the playoffs and I think they can pull out this series.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Canucks will win, but will lose a game

The Canucks defence nearly fell apart against Chicago,
which exp[oses their weakness, but against Nashville
they will recover their momentum and even though
Nashville will win one game, the Canucks have learned
their lesson against Chicago and will not allow a
breakdown again against the Predators. Canucks in five.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just a hunch, picking the Predators in this series. Of course my hunches are usually wrong, at least in Las Vegas or whenever money is involved.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Ugh,I will miss the latter part of the Canucks vs Predators tonight due to a hockey game:(.

Go Canucks go!

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Scott Oake asks the dumbest questions. Good talker, dumb interviewer. Somebody grab that Mic form him.

Preds in 7. Totally on Rinne's back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
'Nucks in 5

I think last round was a mental check for the Canucks... They are ready to go. Good goaltending won't frustrate them as much, because of the experiences gained from 7 games against Crawford.

Check out my blog

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Canucks in 6. Rinne will hold them in for a couple but just can't see them winning against the Canucks. Nashville's a tough team though and will be difficult at some points in this series to figure out a way to get by their strong defense. But in the end, it's Canucks.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Series even now. I hope Nashville takes both at home.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Yesterday it was Rinne who saved the Preds,some were fantastic saves. Hopefully Canucks break through the wall.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Dude no way the preds can win. Rinne is the only reason that they have a chance at winnig
Down to one shot again tonight.

Man I love the playoffs.

Can't wait for the Leafs to get back in them. :cry

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I guess Gillis whining about the refs finally paid off. Not only did Vancouver get away with a too many men on the ice penalty, but they then call a terrible hooking penalty on Weber. Kesler and Weber are battling along the boards, Kesler pins Weber's stick alongside his body, and Weber gets called for hooking when he tries to get his stick free. They swallow their whistles in OT, then call that. If I were the Preds, I'd be ******* pissed right now.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
I guess Gillis whining about the refs finally paid off. Not only did Vancouver get away with a too many men on the ice penalty, but they then call a terrible hooking penalty on Weber. Kesler and Weber are battling along the boards, Kesler pins Weber's stick alongside his body, and Weber gets called for hooking when he tries to get his stick free. They swallow their whistles in OT, then call that. If I were the Preds, I'd be ******* pissed right now.
Yeah, I'd like to know if Smithson's stick even touched Luongo at the end of the first, Loungo certainly sold that one too. In the end though, you have to deal with the calls, and kill the penalties. Canucks were the better team anyway though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts