Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Sharks in 7.
I don't think this will be as easy as last year. Especially with Datsyuk playing in top form.

But we can pull it off in a tight series :) Both great teams with depth

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Dec 07
1,037 Posts
Sharks in 7.
I don't think this will be as easy as last year. Especially with Datsyuk playing in top form.

But we can pull it off in a tight series :) Both great teams with depth
Indeed. This should get all the press for the West matchups, and rightfully so. That being said, going with the Wings here since I can't stand Heatley.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With how badly Detroit is doing on the PK, and how they seem to like taking bad penalties against the Sharks, I don't see this really being much of a contest. The Wings looked good against the Coyotes... but the Sharks are a much different (better) story than the Coyotes. We'll see what Zetterberg does, but I have a feeling his injury is worse than is being reported, and that he won't be all that effective. Franzen is playing dinged up as well.

Sharks in 5. I've got tickets to game 3 (3rd row!), so hopefully that is the one they manage to win.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I'm going with Sharks in 7. It looks like San Jose dominated in the regular season so why not go with Sharks? It will be a high scoring series.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I'm going with the Wings in 7.

Regular season doesn't really matter when it comes to playoffs. Both teams have great depth,a battle of titans!

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I'll go sharks in 7. I'm pretty high on this Sharks team and last year they were so close and they still have many of the same key guys, not to mention Joe Thornton has looked very good to me in the time I've seen him in this years playoffs. But the Red wings are still a real strong team as well. I think it goes 7 games and my gut is just telling me Sharks.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Red Wings in six

The Sharks showed that they cannot take hard hitting against Chicago last year and the Kings nearly pulled
off an upset this year over the Sharks until the Sharks
caught their bearings and won. Detroit has a reliable
defence and offense and will not allow the Sharks much
chance. Red Wings in six.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
The Sharks showed that they cannot take hard hitting against Chicago last year and the Kings nearly pulled
Last year The Caps couldn't get out of the first round, the Hawks won the cup, and the Sharks didn't have Eager, White, Wellwood, Mayers, or Niemi. A whole lot can happen in a year.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I agree with your point on the Kings almost pulling an upset,if the Kings who don't have Kopitar could almost pull over the Sharks then a well balanced veteran experienced team like the Wings might be a tad too much but nonetheless I believe it will go to game 7,ultimately the Wings coming out on top that is.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Flip a coin. Two great teams.

Sharks in 7.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Sharks take game 1 in OVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRTIIIIMMMEE!

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Red Wings in 5...or 6.
Detroit knows how to win and the Sharks know how to fold in the playoffs.
And yet, The Sharks smoked the wings in 5 last year.

And in game 1, they demolished the wings. Other than Howard and Datsyuk, none of the wings even showed up. It was a completely 1 sided game that could easily have been 5-1 if not for Howard. And I do not expect Howard to play that good every game.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
1:30 to go...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts