• Hawks in 7

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Dallas losing to the Wild (very surprised), the matchups are all set.

This will be interesting. Despite the fact that the Hawks seem to have the Canucks number, I think the Nucks pull this one out pretty easily. Canucks in 5.

Or, the Hawks continue to embarrass the Canucks and take it in 7.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Great game between the Stars and Wild. Stars battled hard, but it's hard to win 5 in a row and the Wild came to play.

Anyways, back to this series, a part of me wants to say Blackhawks in 7, but I think this Canucks team is too deep. Canucks in 6.

Think the Canucks wanted to get revenge on the Blackhawks or were rooting for the Stars?

·
Registered
194 Posts
During the regular season the Hawks went 2-2-0 against the Canucks for an even split. In one of the games, due to poor officiating, the Canucks were awarded 2 goals that should not have been counted as goals. Had they not been, the Hawks would have went 3-1-0 against the Canucks during the regular season.

Although I am a Hawks fan, I am viewing this objectively. The Hawks have the Canucks number. Hawks in 7.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
During the regular season the Hawks went 2-2-0 against the Canucks for an even split. In one of the games, due to poor officiating, the Canucks were awarded 2 goals that should not have been counted as goals. Had they not been, the Hawks would have went 3-1-0 against the Canucks during the regular season.

Although I am a Hawks fan, I am viewing this objectively. The Hawks have the Canucks number. Hawks in 7.
... Poor officiating is part of the game? and **** happens. The game is in the past. The fact is the Canucks tied the season series.

Anyways ...

I think Canucks in 5.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I understand that poor officiating is part of the game but I stand corrected; this was not just poor officiating. For example, Duncan Keith not getting a double minor for chopping Franzen in the face earlier was poor officiating. It was blatant and there was no call. However, you cannot really assume that Detroit would've capitalized on the penalty to begin with, so it's different.

In the Hawks/Canucks game I'm speaking of, these were two goals that were counted which should not have counted. The fact that we have replay allows for the goals to be viewed in retrospect, and it's clear that there were mistakes. You wouldn't deny that the officials can completely turn a game, correct? It's not nearly ever the case, but that's exactly what happened, and the Hawks should have went 3-1-0 in the regular season against Vancouver.

Overall, you're right though. I know it's a nit-picky thing to jump on, and I digress. It will be an interesting series and I would like to see if Bolland gets back in the lineup for the series. He seems to do a good job agitating the Sedins.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Reality is that the Hawks are a shadow of last years team. they don't have the grit, or depth to keep up with VCR.

Really, if the Hawks were anything of a solid team, they wouldn't of had to rely on game 82, and even then, they lost plain and simple. Hawks are darn lucky they are playing in the playoffs, the last 15 games of the regular season, they simply limped along.

Canucks in 5.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That is true that the Hawks struggled, but first, look at the Flyers last year. They got into the playoffs by a shootout win and ended up going to the Stanley Cup. It's pretty hard to compare what a team has done collectively throughout a season to what that same team would do against an individual team. Second, look at the Conference that the Hawks were playing in. Basically every team below the top three teams (Vancouver, San Jose, Detroit) struggled to make it into the playoffs this year in the West. The difference between the 8th seed and 4th seed in the West is 2 points. Point for point, if the Hawks played in the Eastern Conference, they would've ended up in sixth place.

And while it is also true that they are a different team this year, it is very bold to say that they do not have grit or depth. Toews has been mentioned in talks for the Hart Trophy. He probably does not stand a chance at getting it but he was mentioned. Their goalie, Crawford, was mentioned in talks for the Calder Memorial. Sharp is one of the top goal scorers in the league. Hossa and Kane are always dangerous. We have guys in the back lines that have come into their own such as Viktor Stalberg and Jake Dowell. We have Johnson and Bolland as effective role players. Brouwer is injured but he should be back soon to get in front of Luongo.

I also don't think you could underestimate the pressure that is going to be on Vancouver. They do not want to lose three years in a row. They are intimidated by the red sweaters. I think it's going to be a great series, but I also think the Hawks are fiercely underestimated in this series.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Like Bob Mckenzie said: You could toss out the season series for all it matters!

I'm hoping Canucks don't fall once again to the Hawks. Nucks in 6.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Canucks in 6. I think the Blackhawks give them some trouble but not so much that they can't handle. I think the Canucks might have a little bit of trouble with the Hawks defense, but after a while I think the just end up being to much for them.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
It looks like Canucks are going to pull it off but in the end it's Hawks! Hawks in 7

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bollard is huge is huge for the Hawks without him the team will be in a tough situation. Everyone in Vancouver was pulling for the Stars. Should be a good series.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Bollard is huge is huge for the Hawks without him the team will be in a tough situation. Everyone in Vancouver was pulling for the Stars. Should be a good series.
Last I heard Bolland is making the trip to Vancouver and Quenneville is optimistic he will play.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Luongo & The Sedins in 6

Chicago is not the same team they were just last year when they won the cup, and beat out Vancouver.
With no Byfuglian or Ladd to run interference, Luongo is gonna shine, and the Sedins will light up the lamp.
Cannucks all the way!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
When you think of things clearly you will recall that the Hawks got quite lucky last year. People tell me all the time about the Hawks having Vancouver's number. Or are the Hawks simply there at the right place and the right time. Last year the Hawks beat a Canucks team who's top two D men were Shane O'Brien and Kevin Bieksa. Not to mention both Burrows and KEsler were injured. This is a very very different team and finally, the Canucks will ice the top six D that they intended to ice all year and haven't due to injury. This year they have proven that there are more than 10 NHL capable D men ready to play on this blue line. I am very confident they can get the job done, no reason why they wouldn't.

Nuff said.

rb

1 - 20 of 65 Posts