• Canucks in 7

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Sharks in 6. Their forward depth is greater, while defense is weaker. Goaltending has been inconsistent on both ends.

I truly believe the west was decided between detroit and San jose

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Woo! Going to be an interesting one. To bad I might miss out on a period or two because of a hockey party;).

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Well we shall see if big Joey T can step up while having a checking center like Kesler up his arse all day; he does not like being hit so I'd start there for sure.

The Canucks D is deepest in the game. However what's impressed me about the Sharks is their bottom 6. Couture's been excellent. Wellwood too. Their top 6 has been good with Clowe leading the way. But....is clowe good to go? We shall see. He should be seeing a lot of bodies if the Canucks are up to the task.

Obviously I am taking Vancouver. They've not played good hockey yet in these playoffs. So, no time like the present for them to find their real stride.

Go Canucks go!

rb

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Sharks in 6. Their forward depth is greater, while defense is weaker. Goaltending has been inconsistent on both ends.

I truly believe the west was decided between detroit and San jose
:laugh::laugh:

Thanks joe i needed a good chuckle.

Defense and team speed will decide this series and both of those categories favour the Canucks.

Goaltending is a wash as both teams have hit or miss goaltending.

Offense is also even with a possible slight edge to the Canucks.

Canucks in 6.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
:laugh::laugh:

Thanks joe i needed a good chuckle.

Defense and team speed will decide this series and both of those categories favour the Canucks.

Goaltending is a wash as both teams have hit or miss goaltending.

Offense is also even with a possible slight edge to the Canucks.

Canucks in 6.
Granted, you can chuckle at my opinion :)
I also picked your team to come out of the east, but then the brooms came flying :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I really think Vancouver is going to have to take there game to the next level if they are going to beat the Sharks, they just don,t look like the same team as they were during the year!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
SHarks in 6.

Kesler might be the best player playing right now, but SJS has more players playing well right now.

Only ONE of the TWO GOALIES in the SERIES has a STANLEY CUP RING.

Sharks Eat Sisters in 6.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
SHarks in 6.

Kesler might be the best player playing right now, but SJS has more players playing well right now.

Only ONE of the TWO GOALIES in the SERIES has a STANLEY CUP RING.

Sharks Eat Sisters in 6.
Only one of the two goalies has Olympic Gold P:

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
well Vancouver 3 more wins and its on to the dance!!!!!!!!!!!
Being down 0-1 to VAN is nothing. Heck apparently being down 0-3 to the Nucks ain't nuthin' all that special either. ;)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Canucks in six

As consistant as the Canucks have been all season,
I see the Canucks winning this series. They seem to play
best when the chips are down. Vancouver in six.

·
Registered
179 Posts
anyone caught Ben Eager being flashed by a cheerful Nucks fan last night? She had a very nice pair! Gotta give props to Marleau for dancing with Bieksa, although, the only chance he stood was to get KTFO... Sharks totally disintegrated after the first. Hopefully, they'll regroup going home to give us a tight series...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sharks face tough road

Remember how the Sharks almost lost the series with the
Kings? As I said: the Sharks have weaknesses. And it all
showed up in the last game with Vancouver---a 7-3 win
for the Canucks.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I wish teh Ref's would make a good call ... Hansen trying to get his stick and Boyle knocks it away. Interference but no call ... Little shove to Wellwood, Wellwood dives and they cal it ...

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wish teh Ref's would make a good call ... Hansen trying to get his stick and Boyle knocks it away. Interference but no call ... Little shove to Wellwood, Wellwood dives and they cal it ...
Hansen's stick was broken about a foot down the stick from the top of the stick. After the whistle, the linesman grabbed it and the equipment staff immediately disposed of it. I don't even think Hansen was trying to grab the stick more than he was just trying to get low to block a pass from Thornton to Pavelski on the opposite point.

As far as the Wellwood dive, Rome has to know better than to bring his stick parallel to the ice and give Wellwood a shove in the back. Given how the officiating went the entire night, he should have known that would have resulted in Wellwood going down easy and a penalty going his way. It doesn't excuse Wellwood, and, in a vacuum, the call was a poor one, but Rome has to be aware of what's going on.

From one Rome discussion to another, McGinn's hit on Rome.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts