Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
That is really too bad. I don't really care for the Preds that much but at the same time, as hockey players they have worked hard and put together one pretty good season for themselves only to see it blown up in their faces with one week left in the regular season. I don't know much about the kind of surgery he will need for that blood clot, I'm assuming he'll make a full recovery; anyone have the d-l?

·
Registered
603 Posts
He shouldn't need any surgery, it's treated medically, sometimes with lysis of clot through a catheter. There's a danger of pulmonary embolus with this condition, that is the concern. It's rather odd he has it considering he doesn't have any of the risk factors - also pelvic is very unusual.

EDIT: I just read the article and saw he had abdominal clots as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to have a chronic hypercoagulable condition, where he is continually prone to this. That could affect his career.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Torts said:
I just read the article and saw he had abdominal clots as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to have a chronic hypercoagulable condition, where he is continually prone to this. That could affect his career.
I hope that this isn't career ending. Vokoun is a great goaltender.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
prucha_for_mvp said:
thats awesome for me as i am a canucks fan... but you hate to see a player go down like that
Awesome how? The Canucks will not face the Predators in the playoffs, so I don't really see how this benefits you at all. If anything, Ducks fans or Avs fans should be happy... and even then its a slimey statement to make.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
prucha_for_mvp said:
thats awesome for me as i am a canucks fan... but you hate to see a player go down like that

i would never wish an Illness on any pro athelete. so being awsome its not.

It could be different though if he was injured durring play then a fans reaction on the sitituation could be different. like wow vokoun got injured isnt that good he wont be playing vs us tonight. but unfournate this is not the case with him.

Get well soon Vokoun. most of us fans will pull for your fast recovery.

·
Registered
339 Posts
KRYPT1968 said:
i would never wish an Illness on any pro athelete. so being awsome its not.

It could be different though if he was injured durring play then a fans reaction on the sitituation could be different. like wow vokoun got injured isnt that good he wont be playing vs us tonight. but unfournate this is not the case with him.

Get well soon Vokoun. most of us fans will pull for your fast recovery.
You guys lost me here? Who wished illness on who here. I've read the thread and Prucha only said that it's awesome for him as he is a Vancouver fan. I don't see how he wished him illness here. Dems da breaks boys, injuries cause heartaches to some, but can open doors to others...this is the case here. Bummer Voukon is out, but it is an advantage to the other teams in the West and I'm pretty damn sure they'll take any advantage they can get to get to Lord Stanley. Doesn't matter anyway as the Canucks won't even make the playoffs.:haha:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
mightysergei said:
You guys lost me here? Who wished illness on who here. I've read the thread and Prucha only said that it's awesome for him as he is a Vancouver fan. I don't see how he wished him illness here. Dems da breaks boys, injuries cause heartaches to some, but can open doors to others...this is the case here. Bummer Voukon is out, but it is an advantage to the other teams in the West and I'm pretty damn sure they'll take any advantage they can get to get to Lord Stanley. Doesn't matter anyway as the Canucks won't even make the playoffs.:haha:

Tell me how is becoming Ill Awsome? even if your a fan of the competitor.

he responded to the thread about him becoming Ill as awsome.

·
Registered
339 Posts
KRYPT1968 said:
Tell me how is becoming Ill Awsome? even if your a fan of the competitor.

he responded to the thread about him becoming Ill as awsome.
Yeah, Maybe you're right Krypt, but I know that Prucha meant nothing by it because he jumped all over me when I made a statement about Ozolinsh in rehab. He might be a raging hippocrite, but I doubt that too.:twocentsi

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Well, the Preds backup, Chris Mason, now has 7 goals scored against him in his last five Vokoun-less starts, with two shutouts.

Granted, all five games have been against Columbus, Chicago, and St. Louis...but perhaps Nashville is still capable of making waves.

Interesting.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts