Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think this keeps us going after Sutton though..which i wouldnt mind..would leave Oduya and Brooks there if someone goes down :)

White,Martin
Green, Sutton
Rachunek,Vishnevski

i wouldnt turn that down

(( i know the D sides arnt correct just putting the pairings ))

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The defense as it stands now is White, Martin, Matvichuk, Greene, Oduya, and Rachunek, so Vishnevski would probably only be a depth defenseman at this point. Which leads to a question I've been wondering about. Is signing Vishnevski (assuming this all goes down) a sign that one of White, Martin, or Matvichuk gets packaged together in a deal for a #1 defenseman?

·
Registered
737 Posts
The defense as it stands now is White, Martin, Matvichuk, Greene, Oduya, and Rachunek, so Vishnevski would probably only be a depth defenseman at this point. Which leads to a question I've been wondering about. Is signing Vishnevski (assuming this all goes down) a sign that one of White, Martin, or Matvichuk gets packaged together in a deal for a #1 defenseman?
its possible..but at worst i wouldnt mind my idea! lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
i highly doubt lou is signing a bunch of guys to package them up and sign a big guy, lord knows everybody in the nation or the nation above wants to come play in NEWARK! yeah! awesome!

no. your defense would likely be as-stands. white martin greene oduya rachunek vishnevski and matvichuk.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
i highly doubt lou is signing a bunch of guys to package them up and sign a big guy, lord knows everybody in the nation or the nation above wants to come play in NEWARK! yeah! awesome!

no. your defense would likely be as-stands. white martin greene oduya rachunek vishnevski and matvichuk.
White and Matvichuk were already under contract heading into the offseason, so I don't see why they couldn't be packaged with a pick/prospect for a better defenseman. Martin probably isn't very likely to go considering he's an RFA, and Greene and Oduya just signed contracts, so I don't see them moving anywhere.

It's not likely they'll trade somebody before the season, but it's possible. I do think the current group is pretty much the one we'll see at the beginning of the season. See how they do as a group first, and maybe go after a defenseman sometime during the season.

·
Registered
737 Posts

Well...maybe Newark isnt the nicest area but again its close to new york city..the arena is amazing..if you didnt get a chance check out the video i posted of the video tour..and well...and well..players come to new jersey beleiving its a place where they can get the cup..players still think that..the devils system..from 95 till now proved the team can be competitive even losing key players...if i had a chance to play in a brand new arena with a proven winner..id go in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
confirmed:
The New Jersey Devils signed free-agent defenceman Vitaly Vishnevski to a US$5.4-million, three-year contract on Tursday.

The 27-year-old split las season with Atlanta and Nashville and recorded 13 points (3-10) in 67 games.

"Vitaly Vishnevski is a defenceman who brings a physical presence to our hockey team," Devils President and GM Lou Lamoriello said in a statement. "He has both size and experience, and we feel he can play our type of hockey."

He'll earn $1.4 million next season and $2 million each of the two years beyond that.

Earlier this month, the Devils lost veteran defenceman Brian Rafalski when he signed with Detroit as an unrestricted free agent.

Vishnevski was selected fifth overall by Anaheim in the 1998 entry draft. In 483 career games with the Ducks, Thrashers and Predators, he has 61 points (14-47).

The native of Kharkov, Ukraine, has represented Russia at the 2006 Olympics, 2004 World Cup of Hockey and two IIHF World Hockey Championships.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213224&hubname=nhl

·
Registered
737 Posts
But this actually happened....:confused:
He got first word..thats all that happend...lol..it was already done when he reported it..just happend at night and the other sites didnt bother updating on the spot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts