Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sports Ticker
7/28/2006 3:57:51 PM

TORONTO (Ticker) -- Two days after presenting his case in an arbitration hearing, Anaheim Ducks defenseman Vitaly Vishnevski was awarded a one-year contract worth $1.55 million on Friday.

The decision resulted in a slight raise for Vishnevski, who made $1.14 million last season. The fifth overall pick in the 1998 draft, the 26-year-old recorded one goal, seven assists and 91 penalty minutes in 82 games with the Ducks in 2005-06.

A native of Kharkov, Russia, Vishnevski represented his country at the Winter Olympics in Torino this past February, registering an assist in six games.

In 416 career games with Anaheim, Vishnevski has collected 11 goals, 37 assists and 403 penalty minutes.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ducks look to deal Vishnevski after award

Sports Ticker/TSN.ca
7/28/2006 4:00:53 PM

Sources tell TSN that the Ducks are actively trying to trade him. If there are no takers, Anaheim may walk away from the award.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I haven't really seen him play much. I watched most of Anaheim's games during the playoffs (and almost every single one of every other team's games :laugh: ) he plays a physical game on the ice, and except for some penalties he took here and there, did okay for them. I guess that he isn't noticed much is a good thing for a d-man, but is he worth $1.55M? I'm not really sure.

He's always said to be a rock for the Ducks though, so I guess their fans may have another view on that.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ducks accept ruling on Vishnevski

TSN.ca Staff
7/30/2006 5:01:07 PM

The Anaheim Ducks announced Sunday that the team has accepted the arbitration award for defenceman Vitaly Vishnevski.

Vishnevski was awarded a one-year contract worth $1.55 million on Friday. The decision resulted in a slight raise for Vishnevski, who made $1.14 million last season.

The fifth overall pick in the 1998 draft, the 26-year-old recorded one goal, seven assists and 91 penalty minutes in 82 games with the Ducks in 2005-06. He had four points in 16 Stanley Cup playoff games with a +2 rating.

A native of Kharkov, Russia, Vishnevski represented his country at the Winter Olympics in Torino this past February, registering an assist in six games.

In 416 career games with Anaheim, Vishnevski has collected 11 goals, 37 assists and 403 penalty minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts