Hockey Fan Forums banner

Vancouver Canucks Regular Season Thread

15K views 41 replies 7 participants last post by  nhldave 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Here is our official Vancouver Canucks Regular Season thread. Here we can discuss any issues on the Vancouver Canucks as they compete to make the playoffs.

Go Canucks go!

#7 ·
Well, three games in and I gotta say I Am impressed with a few things. I like that they're not accepting being pushed around. Player snows Luo and three guys are on him. Brookbank bumps Shaefer and Torres is over there in a heart beat. I love how strong the break out is. I really like what Ballard and Hammer bring. They're really very good and Alberts has really come into his own since his arrival. I don't miss O'Brien whatsoever. And I really like that the puck is out of our zone fast, the transition game is fast and we're very good without the puck. And Luongo looks in control, more confident if you will.

So all in all I believe this is a pretty solid version of the Canucks this year. They wont win them all but with this effort and balance it's fair to state that they will have a change to win every night.

onto the second.

rb

#8 ·
Well that was quite a little meltdown. And maybe a good thing. I mean how many opportunities did they have to bury the Ducks. Pull the trigger, get games like this done and in the bag in the second period.

onto LA. Maybe we see Schneider ??

rb

#10 ·
This game tonight against the Kings suddenly went from poor to really poor for the Canucks. The only bright side is that the Sedins are still in tact with racking up points,no other line has racked up points(Keslers line has to get going badly),playing with the lines worked out decently. But this game just got ahead of us when Brown scored the 3-1 goal 50 seconds after Daniel scored. After that it was all downhill.Mitchell must be happy,ah well,the Hurricaines on Sunday. This time we better win.

Positives: Sedins are still racking up points.

Negatives: Ballard possibly injuried
-Keslers line not working out efficently enough
-Shots not getting through
-Is it me or are some of the Canucks just passing too roughly.
-Luongo wobbling the puck isn't good(also slightly bumped by Kesler and was slow to get up)

We should run a few practises with different lines perhaps so we can get the lines going. We need Burrows back,perhaps even Salo with the possible injury to Ballard. Bieksa looked weak with the Kopitar move on him which gave Brown a tap in. Torres taking a few penalties,clumsy penalties for the Canucks are not good,we need to improve. Lets hope for the best that the Canucks other lines get going,and Ballard is okay.The outcome of the game was not intended obviously,lets not let it get to us,its a young season.

#11 ·
Yeah I'd say the time to yank one's head out of one's butt has come. They really are playing well at times but for me it's lack of finish on the 2nd and 3rd line. You mentioned that Kesler's line isn't producing and I agree that they need to step up big time. I'd certainly remove Hansen from the line and get Tambillini in the game.

My changes:

Sedins with Shaefer.
Raymond Kesler Samualsson
Tamby Maholtra Torres
Glass Rypien Desbo.

Edler Hamhius
Erhoff Alberts
Bieksa Parent

Schneider
Luongo

Moving Shaefer up to the top line will get him the opportunity to use that great shot more often. He's not playing well at the moment and I think it's due in part to the emotional roller coaster he's been on. It's very normal for someone to have a moment of exhaustion once they achieve their goal; he's entire focus has been making it back to the show and now that he's here he's checked out for a moment. Time to boost his energy.

Torres needs to play even harder in my opinion.

Kesler is brooding cause he's second fiddle to Hank. The moment he stops feeling sorry for himself he will take off.

Raymond is looking very good. Very strong but he's not gelling with anyone at the moment. He and Kesler really need to take control of their game and get back to what they did well. Raymond may really be the games next 40 goal man but he's really going to have to take it up to another level for that to happen. He's got the skills he just has to learn how to make it all happen at the same time.

Malholtra has been okay. I've not been blown away by him aside from his 70 + % in the FO circle twice in the past four games I can only ask that he brings that every night. However more is needed from him. And for a group that has the puck that much we sure could use finding the net some more.

All in all, too much "cute" plays and not enough Gary Roberts style hockey. Look what happened against Florida when Daniel went to the net? Kesler, Malholtra, Torres, Shaefer are all skating around trying to play on the perimeter. All perimeter play does is make everyone feel good about themselves, it doesn't produce goals unless your name is Daniel or Henrik.

Time to tighten it up, bury our chances and keep it simple!

And if Ballard's out he's out. This team's been through nothing but injuries for the past half a decade. IF there's one thing I know they can do is win when someone goes down.

I predict an offensive outburst is coming very soon. This team has way too much firepower to not have a break out game.

rb

#13 ·
1-0 Canucks Andrew Albert get's the goal.

#14 ·
Canucks go up 2-0 on a goal by Raymond. Assisted by Tambellini and Samuelsson. By the way Malhotra got the only assist on the first goal by Andrew Albert's.

#15 ·
Screw it I'm not giving updates anymore. Rookie you give the scores. I'm tired. :laugh:

#16 ·
Lol,thanks for handling it for the time being. 5-1 final score in favor of the Canucks. Great overall game for the boys,Sedins were themselves,Raymond,Kesler and Samuelsson started to get going,new adjustments seem to work, Schneider was great,wish he had got a shootout,it would have been perfect. Wild on Tuesday,Hawks on Wenesday!

Go Canucks Go!

#22 ·
Luongo slid too much causing two goals in the shootout that were saves into goals!2-1 Blackhawks in a shootout,positive is that Daniel scores in a shootout,it was nice indeed. Keslers was good too,Toews had Luongo beat,and the other two Luongo had until he over moved his position and eventually they scored!

#23 ·
Looking forward to tonight's game @ Toronto.

Pretty sad that the call up of Kadri is bigger news than the fact the Canucks are 9-4-4 and playing some outstanding hockey these days. Wonder's with the Canadian media just never cease. :n

Hope to see Hamhuis settle in a little more. And I also hope to see Burrow's score again. It would be really good to see him get a real streak going right away.

I wonder if Parent slots in any time soon? I've liked his game and think he's got a ton of upside. Alberts looks a little worn out and could use a night off IMO. Not as a punishment thing, just as a rest thing. Similar to the position the team took with Ballard.

I've liked the third line a lot these days, I mean who couldn't. And the second line is coming along. Kesler needs to continue to drive the net, frankly that entire line could play a collapse to the net kind of game and really become a threat.

Bliznak being called up is interesting to me. I suspect it's a showcase thing. Could MG be working on something? Perhaps a bigger deal including Bieksa? Who needs a 3.5 million dollar D man and a solid prospect? And what do we need in return? High picks IMO. You gotta think something will happen before the deadline (or sooner) as the return of Salo will cause some havoc with the salary cap. And unless there is a huge trade I can't see MG wanting salary in return. To me it should be all about 1st round picks. Hell I'd be happy if MG packaged Bieksa and Bliznak for a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd. something along those lines. Wait and see. I could see Toronto being interested. Yes, they're stacked on D but Burke doesn't always make the obvious moves and you can never have enough D men as the Leafs are learning with Dion P going down. And Center's. That team is desperate for centers. Bliznak fits the direction of that team's needs and it's youth up front.

you never know.

Enjoy the game

rb

#26 ·
Canucks roll into Buffalo tomorrow! :beer

#27 ·
Sabres win in overtime thanks to Myers turnover and goal! good game. But Bruins won against New Jersey tonight 3-0 so even if Sabres get a point next game they'll be in 8th. Tampa has to keep up the poor play for this to occur, but anyway....Let's Go Buffalo!

#28 ·
A rare visit to the Pens. Let's hope Malkin doesn't try and decapitate another one of our D men!

I think it's pretty simple. Plan our game for 60 mins = win. Screw around half the night finding it = loss.

Go canucks!

rb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.