Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ron Wilson seems to think that Paul Martin (and maybe Komisarek) won't be able to play in the Olympics this year.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=28547.html

"He has to play a number of games. Same as Mike Komisarek," Wilson said to the Star-Ledger. "If he only plays one or two games, it wouldn't be fair to Paul Martin and, probably more likely, to the New Jersey Devils as well. If he's not ready to play, this is a huge event. It's not an exhibition tour.

"If he is ready, that's even better for us. But let's wait until the doctors decide what's going on. I mean he's had his arm in a cast for three months, so I don't know how you can get yourself ready in two weeks. But if he can, that's great."

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Usa is going to have bad defense!

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Usa is going to have bad defense!
Well, the USA does have defensemen that weren't named to the team that are just as good as those that were named. Ballard, Yandle, Whitney, Wisniewski and Bogosian could all be solid replacements.

I'd mention Andy Greene, he wasn't on the preliminary list that USA Hockey submitted before the season for drug testing. Since he didn't take the drug test, he's not eligible. Sweden ran into this in the case of Niclas Bergfors, who they tried to add to their team late.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Martin officially withdraws.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=515844

The following is a statement from Devils’ defenseman Paul Martin in regard to his participation in the 2010 Olympic Winter Games:

“After careful consideration, I have decided to withdraw my name from participation with Team USA at the upcoming Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver. While the decision was an extremely difficult one, I feel it is in my long-term best interest to not rush any return to the ice.

“Team USA was informed of my decision earlier today. I look forward to re-joining my New Jersey Devil teammates in the near future, and would also like to wish my fellow Devils’ Olympians and the rest of Team USA good luck in their pursuit of the gold medal.”

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Too bad on Martin, although I'd rather he focus on getting back completely healthy for the post-Olympic stretch anyway.

I'd go with Ballard as his replacement.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Komisarek is undergoing season ending shoulder surgery, so he will miss the Olympics.
ON the bright side he won't be playing for the LEafs either. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I heard about a few rumours of players not being able to play for Team USA any of these true? Players like Statsny and Kesler?
They're eligible. Given how those two are talking about the games, the only way that they miss is if they're injured, I think.

I've heard no rumors about those two though.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Sweet. Any more angles?

I'd like to see some of the other goaltenders' masks.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Incredible! I checked out the guy's website and he's got some sick stuff.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Miller concerns me for the Olympics. The Russians are just going to be tearing him apart! the way he's playing right now

21 - 40 of 212 Posts