Hockey Fan Forums banner

Underrated fighters (or non-fighters)

7K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  gtopawb 
#1 ·
I'm incredibly bored so I thought I'd make a thread and allow people to get their opinions out on this potentially interesting topic.

Shane Doan
Craig Rivet
Sheldon Souray
Brendan Morrow
Vincent Lecavalier

#5 ·
I love Mike Richards, he just does it all. He's not that big, but he seems to be willing to go with anyone. He did a lot more last year and the year before...I think his point production has made him too valuable on the ice for offense and penalty killing than fighting, but he certainly can throw them.

I would love to see Sean Avery throw them more often, he is the typical pest who seems to back down from every fight.

#10 ·
Milan Lucic

#14 · (Edited)
Most of the posters on the fight site forums have him in their top 10. Not a great volume of fights but definately a sleeping giant. I believe his teammate Bob Nystrom ranks higher and couldda take Gillies in 6 outt 10.

A more recent guy who is under rated is Mark Tinordi. Certainly a really good d-man who could fight well. Handled Brendan Shanahan.

Beat Wendel Clark and Rob Ray. Both guys who were top 20 all-time. And I hate Ray. Clark wasn't much for the square off,jumped a lot of people and has a lot of middle tier guys on his card.

And Ray was a sweater shedder,which gives him an unfair advantage.

#18 ·
As much as I hate to disagree with you, I have to.
Ott is Dallas' version of Sean Avery. He's a little guy with a big mouth, and he gets his ass kicked in just about every fight he gets into. The only difference between Ott and Avery is that Ott won't back down from a challenge...Avery scuttles away from guys like Mike Richards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.