Hockey Fan Forums banner

Tragedy Strikes; Luc Bourdon Killed in Accident

1447 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  LightningGal
Vancouver Canucks defenceman Luc Bourdon has been killed in a motorcycle accident in northern New Brunswick. He was 21.

Bourdon, a promising young defenceman who played his junior hockey with the Moncton Wildcats, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles and Val d'Or Foreurs of the QMJHL, split his first pro season in 2007-08 between Vancouver and the American Hockey League's Manitoba Moose.

He scored two goals and was a plus-7 in 27 games with the Canucks last season.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=239196&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Very shocking and upsetting news. I personally had the privledge to watch Bourdon play with the Eagles and I was very excited about his trade to the team.

My condolences go out to his family, friends, and all three junoir organizations along with the Canuck's and Moose franchises.

I am in absolute shock and disbelief, very depressing news for the hockey world.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Wow
Thats horrible.
I feel really bad for the Bourdon family and friends.
Also I feel bad for the Canucks.
Thats truly saddening, he was a great young kid and would have been a star in the NHL soon. my condolences go out to the Bourdon family.
This is the kind of stuff I don't get about athletes...it's like Ben Rothlisberger riding a motorcycle without a helmet and no license a couple years ago and he's in an accident.

I feel bad for the family and all, but I think when you play a professional sport and you're under a contract, that team(s) has invested into you and is expecting a return on that investment.

If you want to ride a motorcycle or sky dive or any of these other "dangerous" activities, do it once you're retired. People are counting on you to contribute to the team and fulfill your contract.
Was driving back home on the highway when I heard the news about Luc. The funny thing is I was talking to my cousin about the Nucks on that day. We disscussed how the young players were developing. It is so sad because near the end of the season when the Nucks were playing Bourdon, I was really looking forward seeing him in the upcoming 08-09 season. My condolences go out to his family and friends.
I was saddened when I heard this news. He had a great career ahead of him. R.I.P. Luc.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.