Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the game in Nashville is just ending but it appears that Joseph can do no better than Hasek. Give Legace the chance and ditch the high priced underperforming duo.

What do you have to say Wing fans??

·
Registered
425 Posts
Joesph did not look sharp in his return but in his defense its only his second game played this season and first in the NHL. Give him a couple of starts before we judge. But he will have to pull up his socks.

But this is definately an interesting situation because Hasek hasn't looked that good either. Ken Holland is in a difficult spot. Plus what team out there needs a starting goalie?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Here is my proposal:

The Vancouver Canucks trade a 7th round draft pick to the Detroit Redwings in return for Dominik Hasek. He then becomes our back-up goaltender for the Manitoba Moose.

Curtis Joseph goes to the New York Rangers in return for Matthew Barnaby. Curtis then plays 70 games for the Rangers posting a 0-69-1 record. Cujo then finishes his career to become a tax attorney in Winnipeg.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Legace would be the number one on almost any other team in the league, both Cujo and Hasek have been unable to preform b/w the pipes. If no ones willing to take the over priced Cujo, maybe they should bench both Cujo and Hasek and see how Legace preforms. The wings are the only team in the NHL with 3 no. 1 goalies, one of them has to be able to stop the puck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trade Hasek...you will get more for him than Joseph and you never know if Hasek wil retire this year or next year! he has already done it once what is stopping him from doing it again this year.So you traded Cujo and he retires...better hope Legace is ready to be the #1 guy...puck on

·
Registered
427 Posts
From what I saw of the Nashville game, cujo didn't look bad. Detroit was shorthanded alot early, and 2 of the goals I saw were great deflections while he was screened.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
puck said:
Trade Hasek...you will get more for him than Joseph and you never know if Hasek wil retire this year or next year! he has already done it once what is stopping him from doing it again this year.So you traded Cujo and he retires...better hope Legace is ready to be the #1 guy...puck on
IMO I think that Legace is more than ready to the be the #1, he can carry this team given the chance, seriously if Hasek and Cujo cant play up to par Legace can carry this team.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hasek was only signed for a one year deal, the wings are preparing for a salary cap to be set for next season and Legace will most likely take over as number 1 goaltender next season. The wings cannot make a trade for cujo just after he had surgery and has only played one game. This is the nhl the game is unpredictable and a player will get hurt. if a team wants to be a cup contender they have got to have a strong last line of defense and a trade option is bound to open up which will help fill the spot missing for a strong power forward. The wings are making a smart move by holding onto the cujo card beleive me they are not paying him 8 million dollars to sit on the bench and play in the minors. Legace is a solid goaltender and if hasek is hurt he will be an excellent replacement and if he starts next season he will be more then ready to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yah,I'm sorry i didn't mean to slam Legace...it may have appeared that way but i was more concerned with the Hasek thing than what i was writing about Legace...sorry Manny...puck on

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
puck said:
yah,I'm sorry i didn't mean to slam Legace...it may have appeared that way but i was more concerned with the Hasek thing than what i was writing about Legace...sorry Manny...puck on
I dunno....maybe it's just me....but you come across....so bold (and slightly off-center) :lol:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Chet said:
The wings are making a smart move by holding onto the cujo card beleive me they are not paying him 8 million dollars to sit on the bench and play in the minors.
I bet Mike Illitch and his cheque-book would disagree. Paying 17 million dollars to your goalies is ridiculous. Detroit would do anything to get rid of Cujo at this point. They trade him for an 8th rounder as long as they dump his salary!!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
In mid july the wings got offers from rangers, bruins, and blues but all the trades failed as a result of injuries or high demands from the other side of the argument, since then this situation has kind of gone quiet but a giant can only sleep for so long. This game is too unpredictable for someone not to grab cujo off the waivers or a trade to take place. The wings being smart by holding onto cujo was rephrased wrong what i ment to say is that the wings just need to be patient bc a team will pick him up. Even if it comes march at the end of the trading deadline at the last minuete a trade iwll have to be made because the wings have too strong of a management staff to blow off something like this and it must be first priority until something is accomplished.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Where does everyone get the idea that Legace is a No.1 calibre goalie? All I ever read is that he could easily be the No.1 goalie....I'm not saying that he couldn't be the man nor am I saying that he can't be. What I am saying is that he has never been the No.1 goalie before. So he has never played every night or played like 50-60 games a year. I won't be so quick to jump to conclusions about his ability.

If I had to pick either way, I would not want him as my No.1 goalie. But now that Joesph is hurt aswell as Hasek we will get the chance to see what he is made of. I watched the game against Edmonton on Saturday and wasn't very impressed and if I check the scoreboard right now its 4-0 Canucks...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Tuggy said:
Where does everyone get the idea that Legace is a No.1 calibre goalie? All I ever read is that he could easily be the No.1 goalie....I'm not saying that he couldn't be the man nor am I saying that he can't be. What I am saying is that he has never been the No.1 goalie before. So he has never played every night or played like 50-60 games a year. I won't be so quick to jump to conclusions about his ability.

If I had to pick either way, I would not want him as my No.1 goalie. But now that Joesph is hurt aswell as Hasek we will get the chance to see what he is made of. I watched the game against Edmonton on Saturday and wasn't very impressed and if I check the scoreboard right now its 4-0 Canucks...
http://www.msnbc.com/news/960594.asp
http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article2256.html
http://www.hockeyzoneplus.com/goalies/nhl02p_e.htm
http://www.mannylegace.com/new_page_5.htm
http://espn.go.com/nhl/columns/pang_darren/1510639.html
http://games.espn.go.com/content/fhl/2004/story?page=periods3

I dont know man I guess we all just pulled it from thin air

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Tuggy said:

The wings in general are in a slump right now, when this team fails to win with three different goalies in net at some point you have to realize that maybe it isn't that goalies that are playing badly. Legace like you said is unproven, but when has he ever been given the chance to prove himself that he is capable of being number one? From what I've seen of him, he is more than capable of playing a 50-60 game season, and posting great numbers doing so...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Chet said:
I understand what you are trying to say that experts say it so it must be true :shock: .... I'm sure these same experts said the same about Jim Carey.

I'm not trying to say that Legace can't be a No.1 goalie in the NHL, I believe he deserves the chance to prove himself. I'm just the type of person who believes it when I see it. You never know he could win the vezina some year but on the flip side he could be a flop. If I was a GM in the NHL I wouldn't want him to build a team around.

Canadian26 said:
The wings in general are in a slump right now, when this team fails to win with three different goalies in net at some point you have to realize that maybe it isn't that goalies that are playing badly
That is very true that when the team in front of you isn't playing well then its tough to win hockey games but I wouldn't say that any of the three goalies have been that spectactular.

I'm not a Legace basher or anything, I'm just not sold on him yet. Hopefully he will show his stuff in the weeks to come because the way it looks he is going to get the starts.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Legace is a great backup but no one knows for sure if he could be a great starter. All we have to do is wait and see if he ever becomes a starter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts