Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the olympic trade deadline passed think don is keeping his cards close to his chest, not heard an trade rumours at all apart from mueller going out for a young roster player, i know the team bond and chemistry is a big reason for the success and improvement on winning tight games and ot games and also shootout wins, but we need more scoring at the top to have a decent crack at the playoffs. without malony braking up the core of the youngsters he needs to move as soon as the olympic break is over.

we have alot of cap space aswell.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think we defo need some scoring, with upshall on right wing and now prucha who hopefully will be ok after that elbow into the board by james neal thats night(rock on for hanzel for sticking up for his little mates and fighting neal next shift)so think we need to get a couple of deals done for when the trade window re opens.

think with phoenix having 2 first round picks we should use one and a prospect or two and get in a 30+ goal a season winger, sounds obvious but need to do it sooner rather than later or it will only be a quick play off run for phoenix. horton at florida would be a good chioce and he's available and we have the picksa and propects for the trade.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dono, I wouldnt want to give up a lot to get someone, most of our players are develuping well and I would like to see that continue. While I do think Purcha and Mueller work hard I dont think they contribute enough so they are the 2 I would consider moving come deadline time. In fact if it were me I would give up Mueller and a 4th for Mayson Raymond. He is having a breakout year and is fast, something that works well with the yotes, as well as having a decent scoring ability. Actually with Setoguchi in his small slump we could maybe get out with moving Purcha, a 1st, and a prospect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts