Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Bill William Gates. 50 years old, resides in Medina, Washington. According to Forbes magazine, Bill Gates owns the Microsoft chain. Microsoft as you know is the company that powers computers and invented computers. Bill Gates was a nerd in school but look at him now. I drove by his house and my colleague in my car said that his house is worth 35 million. Bill Gates has an estimated net worth 50 billion. He is the richest man in our world today.

2. Warren Buffett. 75 years old, resides in Omaha, Nebraska. He owns Berkshire Hathaway, another large chain company. He is the second richest man in the world and has a net worth 42 Billion. But what is hilarious is I live in a more expensive, bigger house than him. According to Forbes his house is only $500,000. He must be a wise spender if this is true. I do not have a clue what Berkshire Hathaway is though.

3. Carlos Slim Helu.. 66 years old, resides in Mexico City, Mexico. He owns Telecom and oil resources. He is the second richest man in the world. His net worth is an estimate 30 billion.

4. Ingvar Kamprad. Has a short life span, 79 years old and resides in he rich community of Lausanne, Switzerland. He owns IKEA, a very wise thing to own. IKEA sell the most furniture in our world today and have the largest stores in our world. Ingvar is a genius. He has a net worth 28 billon from owning the best furniture chain in the world.

5. Lakshmi Mittal. He is 55 years old, lives in London, England in the most largest and expensive house in our world to date. He has a net worth 23.5 billion and owns various large Steel companies in our world. I wonder what steel companies though. This is the man I'm most interested in on this list. I have met Lakshmi once since one of my workers is good friends with one of the vice presidents of his steel company. I did not talk to him much and only met him for 5 minutes but it was a real honor.

6. Paul Allen. Bill Gates partner in business for Microsoft. Resides in Seattle. Has a net worth 22 billion. 53 years old. He also invests in other things I do not know. Paul Allen drives a classic 1988 porsche.

7. Bernard Arnault. Bernard Arnault is 57 years old and lives in Paris. He is diversified so it would be great if you could tell me what he owns because I'm interested. His net worth is 21.5 billion.

8. Prince Alwaleed. The richest king, prince, or queen in our world today. He is 49 years old, resides in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and invests in studd I do not know. Possibly royal wealth, etc.

9. Kenneth Thompson. The richest man living in Canada! Resides in Toronto, has a short life remaining, 82 years old. He owns a bunch of publishing companies. I would like to know what he owns.

10. Li Ka-Shing. Resides in Hong Kong, 77 years old. He is also diversified like Bernard Arnault. All I know about Li Ka-Shing is that he is a smart business man.

I believe in five years from now, the head owners of Apple will be on the list after the oldies die. I also think the owner of Starbucks, McDonalds, and founders of Google should be on the top ten for their ownings. They probably are billionaires but not as much as the top ten. There are 793 billionaires according to Forbes magazine, this year, 2006.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
WOW !!! those people are loaded!

I would of thought Paul Allen would have been closer to the top with his busness partneer. But I guess now..

I will never get on that list... I will be lucky to get 1 million...let alone over 50 Billion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
All those guys are damn lucky. I wonder what makes them this rich...

Gates is thirsty and has money pouring... I think he will retain the first place for some more years!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow i never knew Bill Gates owned that much :O.

But i knew he had alot as of Owning Microsoft id love to be him for a day just to see what it is like :)

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
outsider said:
All those guys are damn lucky. I wonder what makes them this rich...

Gates is thirsty and has money pouring... I think he will retain the first place for some more years!
I specified what companies they own. A couple of them like Bernard Arnault are diversified which means they own a couple of businesses.

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NICEGUY said:
Gates, capitalized on someone else work initially, made enough money, now can afford to pay people to build his ideas :thumbsup:

That sure is a ton of money though
Yeah it is. I think in about 5-10 years the owners/founders of apple will make the list. Do you know how much songs iTunes music store sells? An estimated 60 million a day and each song is a dollar. 60 million a day but they give some of the money to the music stars I believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts