Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
9/15/2006 1:56:30 PM

Keith Tkachuk hit the ice Friday on the first day of St. Louis Blues training camp some 30 pounds lighter after a summer which saw the veteran winger rededicate himself in the gym.

"Feels like my first training camp," he told The Canadian Press between on-ice sessions.

Saturday will mark the one-year anniversary that Tkachuk was suspended by the Blues for showing up overweight and failing a physical.

A rigourous off-season training program has the 6-2 Tkachuk down to 229 pounds. He tipped the scales at 263 pounds last Sept. 16 when the Blues suspended him.

"I knew I had to be better than last year. Obviously I wasn't ready," Tkachuk said from St. Louis in his thick New England accent. "This year I was determined for pride. I want to go out and try to be one of the top wingers in the game. I want to get back to that. And I felt I needed a lot of work.

TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

·
Registered
18 Posts
shookem said:
It's good news no doubt for Blues fans but it's tough to see how he could come into camp in worse shape than last year.
This is all well and good; I just don't want to see him injure himself with his own stick again. That was embarassing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts