Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
AtLossForWords said:
If Theodore is not playing for a contract, he's not winning those games.
I would love to agree with you, but I have to say. He had one bad series. He has the whole next season to prove himself once again. Remember, he did win a Vezina.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
dgill90 said:
haha.. theodore not all that bad.. who knows.. he could surprise you all with a new team and management.. he never really got to show off his talent before playoff time
As much as I hate to say it. I agree with you. Theodore is was very incosistent this past season. With the injury and the trade. Sure he won the hart trophy and he played spectacular that season. But as far as I know he could had been a one hit wonder. He will either bounce back next season as the starter or continue to faulter as Budaj takes the number one spot.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Crazy Roy Fan said:
I would love to agree with you, but I have to say. He had on e bad series. He has the whole next season to prove himself once again. Remember, he did win a Vezina.
With rabid support of the Montreal media. I think if Theodore is David Aebischer with the same numbers he doesn't get either award he won that year. The Montreal media was starved for a Quebecois hero, and Theodore delivered...for one year. Montreal fans turned blue in the face waiting for him to return to form, and he never did, now Colorado fans are going to do the same.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
AtLossForWords said:
With rabid support of the Montreal media. I think if Theodore is David Aebischer with the same numbers he doesn't get either award he won that year. The Montreal media was starved for a Quebecois hero, and Theodore delivered...for one year. Montreal fans turned blue in the face waiting for him to return to form, and he never did, now Colorado fans are going to do the same.
Please stop tempting me to insult Theo, because everything you say makes complete sense, but I want to say good so....Theo will not be a one hit wonder, he will come back and show all Montreal fans what they're missing.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Crazy Roy Fan said:
Please stop tempting me to insult Theo, because everything you say makes complete sense, but I want to say good so....Theo will not be a one hit wonder, he will come back and show all Montreal fans what they're missing.
good i hope he does. Those montreal suckers wont know what hit em.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Theodore will be the next best thing to come out of Montreal since Roy, well maybe not entirelly but hes up there. He'll shock you all especially you fools in Montreal.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
dgill90 said:
Theodore will be the next best thing to come out of Montreal since Roy, well maybe not entirelly but hes up there. He'll shock you all especially you fools in Montreal.
:haha: Are you joking? Everytime theo steps on the ice he cracks his heel:haha: he will be nothing like roy and he will not win a vezina or hart again.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
prucha_for_mvp said:
:haha: Are you joking? Everytime theo steps on the ice he cracks his heel:haha: he will be nothing like roy and he will not win a vezina or hart again.
Well I said not entirely, but you get my point, he has the potential, and he will be starting the season with a new team, new staff, new look, and not as much media putting him down. You'll all be surprised at his turn around season. THis is the best thing for him right now.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
dgill90 said:
Well I said not entirely, but you get my point, he has the potential, and he will be starting the season with a new team, new staff, new look, and not as much media putting him down. You'll all be surprised at his turn around season. THis is the best thing for him right now.
And a new girlfriend! How could you forget about Paris?!?!

A lot less pressure for Theodore now. He does have the potential, but can he tap into it again? With a new team and less pressure I am going to lean on Theodore stepping it up.

But....once again, and I am surprised you guys did not mention it, but one of the pressure's that may cause he to not hit he's potential, he is once again following the path by Roy.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
kwings00 said:
And a new girlfriend! How could you forget about Paris?!?!
I actually can't stand the woman, to much of a :censure: who is now gonna try to get herself involved in the game. But if she does get into the game now maybe that would be good for the game.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
First of all, proud of you CRF. Second of all, I guess this has turned in to a Theo thread. All you people are basically doing is beating a subject that has been beaten in to the ground like ten times. You know my opinion on Theo, you know I think he's good for this team. The subject is basically done guys, you can't really insult the guy during the offseason. It just doesn't really work. Now, let's turn this in to a, Giguere better sign Svatos today thread.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
kwings00 said:
But....once again, and I am surprised you guys did not mention it, but one of the pressure's that may cause he to not hit he's potential, he is once again following the path by Roy.
You know what? I never thought of that. It would be tough for any Colorado goalie, because we've had Roy for so many years, and if he doesn't produce then we'll think he sucks. No wonder Theo couldn't play up to par.

Adam0905 said:
The subject is basically done guys, you can't really insult the guy during the offseason. It just doesn't really work. Now, let's turn this in to a, Giguere better sign Svatos today thread.
Okay, I'll get it started then. Why the hell has Giguere not signed Svats. Is he a :censure: moron. I mean, get rid of Blake, and Tanguay, sign two players from the AHL, sign McCormack, but not Svatos. This is the most :censure: up thing I've ever heard. He hasn't even tried trading any of our :censure: players for a good one. :censure:........................ JKJK:0pouce: :haha: :wink

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Chances are he has contacted Svatos, and is working on deal right now. Chances are Svats is still injured, so Giguere doesn't want to make a big deal before he knows the condition of his shoulder. But there is no way Giguere wouldn't re-sign Svats to a long-term contract. (By that I mean about 2-4 years) but it all depends on his condition at this point.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Crazy Roy Fan said:
Chances are he has contacted Svatos, and is working on deal right now. Chances are Svats is still injured, so Giguere doesn't want to make a big deal before he knows the condition of his shoulder. But there is no way Giguere wouldn't re-sign Svats to a long-term contract. (By that I mean about 2-4 years) but it all depends on his condition at this point.
His shoulder most be almost recovered by now, he injured it about 67 games in, so I'd say thats about January - February?!? (correct me please if im wrong). Anyways Svatos is one of the bright young stars for the Avs and the game, I can see him going long term.

·
Registered
252 Posts
dgill90 said:
His shoulder most be almost recovered by now, he injured it about 67 games in, so I'd say thats about January - February?!? (correct me please if im wrong). Anyways Svatos is one of the bright young stars for the Avs and the game, I can see him going long term.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/07/07/truth.rumors.nhl/index.html

After missing the final 20 games of the 2005-06 season because of a broken right shoulder, Avalanche forward Marek Svatos is expected to be ready for the start of training camp in two months. It also appears his return to the ice will be in Colorado.
-- Rocky Mountain News

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
eternal_flames said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/07/07/truth.rumors.nhl/index.html

After missing the final 20 games of the 2005-06 season because of a broken right shoulder, Avalanche forward Marek Svatos is expected to be ready for the start of training camp in two months. It also appears his return to the ice will be in Colorado.
-- Rocky Mountain News
That's some excellent news and all, but that's just on the news. Right now I don't see those rumors confirmed by a big paycheck signing. Midnight is only a few hours away, and Svatos still hasn't been signed yet.

:hands: "PLEASE OH MIGHTY SPIRIT FROM ABOVE. PLEASE USE YOUR AWSOME LOVE OF HOCKEY AND LET MAREK SIGN BEFORE IT'S TO LATE". :hands:

My 700th Post!!! :hat:​

21 - 40 of 45 Posts