Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Avs half always been such a strong team since the 90's, but within the last three years they been letting a lot of players go to easily.. Foresberg, Blake, Foote, Kariya, Selanne, Tanguay.. why that trade I dont know.., same with Drury, time for them to smarten up and start signing some players.. you cant rely on Sakic, Hejduk, and Svatos to win you a cup alone..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,194 Posts
Okay so first of all, we haven't even signed Svats. Second of all, we've already got a pessimistic thread such as this, that isn't really as pessimistic anymore, so if you guys could quit making these stupid threads, that'd be nice. I just got a few more people warmed up to the idea of actually being optimistic about the Avs, don't screw it up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,661 Posts
Adama0905 said:
Okay so first of all, we haven't even signed Svats. Second of all, we've already got a pessimistic thread such as this, that isn't really as pessimistic anymore, so if you guys could quit making these stupid threads, that'd be nice. I just got a few more people warmed up to the idea of actually being optimistic about the Avs, don't screw it up.
You want pessimism, try being a Devils fan right about now.:haha:

Success catches up with any team that is a Cup contender annually as long as the Avs have been. Just look at what's happening to teams like Colorado, New Jersey, Detroit, and Dallas, they're all losing players in the last couple years. Considering all the success those 4 teams have had since the mid 90's until now, it's only a matter of time really. And it's going to get even harder for those teams to have the same success now that they can't spend like they used to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
MadDevil said:
You want pessimism, try being a Devils fan right about now.:haha:

Success catches up with any team that is a Cup contender annually as long as the Avs have been. Just look at what's happening to teams like Colorado, New Jersey, Detroit, and Dallas, they're all losing players in the last couple years. Considering all the success those 4 teams have had since the mid 90's until now, it's only a matter of time really. And it's going to get even harder for those teams to have the same success now that they can't spend like they used to.
Excellant point MD! I was thinking about it last night while the news was talking about the possibility of Belfour signing here in Detroit. The four heavy weight teams, NJ, Dallas, Col, and Detroit will at some time have to do things different than before. We are all spoiled with the luck these franchises have had. And just like the great days of the Oil, Habs, and Islanders, not every great team stays great forever.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
kwings00 said:
Excellant point MD! I was thinking about it last night while the news was talking about the possibility of Belfour signing here in Detroit. The four heavy weight teams, NJ, Dallas, Col, and Detroit will at some time have to do things different than before. We are all spoiled with the luck these franchises have had. And just like the great days of the Oil, Habs, and Islanders, not every great team stays great forever.
Move over world, Toronto is coming on in

:haha: Oh a boy can dream:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
dgill90 said:
The Avs half always been such a strong team since the 90's, but within the last three years they been letting a lot of players go to easily.. Foresberg, Blake, Foote, Kariya, Selanne, Tanguay.. why that trade I dont know.., same with Drury, time for them to smarten up and start signing some players.. you cant rely on Sakic, Hejduk, and Svatos to win you a cup alone..
Dude, I agree with you and all. But now us Ave fans on this forum are all over this whole upset. So don't be all up in Giguere's case, try being optismistic, and sit back, relax, 'cause now it's our turn to laugh at all the other teams now!!! :haha:

Sorry MD but that means I'm laughing at you. :haha:.........JKJK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
Crazy Roy Fan said:
Dude, I agree with you and all. But now us Ave fans on this forum are all over this whole upset. So don't be all up in Giguere's case, try being optismistic, and sit back, relax, 'cause now it's our turn to laugh at all the other teams now!!! :haha:

Sorry MD but that means I'm laughing at you. :haha:.........JKJK
I don't know CRF....he traded Tangs and you still have Jose....I would be pretty upset if I was an avs fan.......:rolleyes:



And I know you are going to mention something about Belfour....go ahead...make the comments....get it over it.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
kwings00 said:
I don't know CRF....he traded Tangs and you still have Jose....I would be pretty upset if I was an avs fan.......:rolleyes:



And I know you are going to mention something about Belfour....go ahead...make the comments....get it over it.......
Firstly, I know he traded Tangs, and we have Theo, but I'm trying to be optimistic, please don't harsh my buzz. :)

Okay, I'll get it over with.......You have Belfour. :tongue: ;) (that's all for now)

BTW: Kwings, I think you are the only Wings fan, who actually gets along with Colorado fans. :haha:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
Crazy Roy Fan said:
Firstly, I know he traed Tangs, and we have Theo, but I'm trying to be optimistic, please don't harsh my buzz. :)

Okay, I'll get it over with.......You have Belfour. :tongue: ;) (that's all for now)

BTW: Kwings, I think you are the only Wings fan, who actually gets along with Colorado fans. :haha:
Yeah, like I said in another post...I must be getting old! Thanks, though. See, you can come to Detroit and not be shot, eaten, beaten, robbed, murdered, car jacked.........we actually have nice....burds!

But, there was a time I really could not stand you Avs fans. Well, more your media for bashing our city...but, I am an NHL fan, first love goes to the Wings. I recongize the talent of great players, even if they are a rival. Heck, anytime I saw Forsberg step on the ice I got worried. Roy, Sakic. I loved the battles between our teams! Battles betweent the GM's on who signs who! The rival is not as strong, no sense to bash the Avs because they have Theo....damn, I did it again!

Even I have noticed that there are some nice, friendly, not completely baised Avs fans....no, wait, thats my god mother that lives in Littleton who is from here!

No, there are a couple of cool Avs fan that have been fun to go back and forth with and the smart a** comments are harmless and fun.

If I ever win MOTM, I'll be sure to add you to the fav members section. :0pouce:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
kwings00 said:
Yeah, like I said in another post...I must be getting old! Thanks, though. See, you can come to Detroit and not be shot, eaten, beaten, robbed, murdered, car jacked.........we actually have nice....burds!

But, there was a time I really could not stand you Avs fans. Well, more your media for bashing our city...but, I am an NHL fan, first love goes to the Wings. I recongize the talent of great players, even if they are a rival. Heck, anytime I saw Forsberg step on the ice I got worried. Roy, Sakic. I loved the battles between our teams! Battles betweent the GM's on who signs who! The rival is not as strong, no sense to bash the Avs because they have Theo....damn, I did it again!

Even I have noticed that there are some nice, friendly, not completely baised Avs fans....no, wait, thats my god mother that lives in Littleton who is from here!

No, there are a couple of cool Avs fan that have been fun to go back and forth with and the smart a** comments are harmless and fun.

If I ever win MOTM, I'll be sure to add you to the fav members section. :0pouce:
Thanks dude, same back to you if I ever win MOTM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,194 Posts
Just got two pats on the back to give out...

kwings00 said:
Yeah, like I said in another post...I must be getting old! Thanks, though. See, you can come to Detroit and not be shot, eaten, beaten, robbed, murdered, car jacked.........we actually have nice....burds!

But, there was a time I really could not stand you Avs fans. Well, more your media for bashing our city...but, I am an NHL fan, first love goes to the Wings. I recongize the talent of great players, even if they are a rival. Heck, anytime I saw Forsberg step on the ice I got worried. Roy, Sakic. I loved the battles between our teams! Battles betweent the GM's on who signs who! The rival is not as strong, no sense to bash the Avs because they have Theo....damn, I did it again!

Even I have noticed that there are some nice, friendly, not completely baised Avs fans....no, wait, thats my god mother that lives in Littleton who is from here!

No, there are a couple of cool Avs fan that have been fun to go back and forth with and the smart a** comments are harmless and fun.

If I ever win MOTM, I'll be sure to add you to the fav members section. :0pouce:
Yes, I agree with CRF, I must have said this like twenty times, but you truly are the best Red Wings fan like ever. Like seriously.

Oh and great job CRF, way to stay optimistic in the face of adversity. I wish I could get you convinced that even though Theo isn't as cool as Aebi, it's still a good thing. But whatever, I truly am proud to call you a fellow Avs fan. Stay strong bud, we will come out strong in the end of the season, and they will be eating their words. Go Avs! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Adama0905 said:
Yes, I agree with CRF, I must have said this like twenty times, but you truly are the best Red Wings fan like ever. Like seriously.

Oh and great job CRF, way to stay optimistic in the face of adversity. I wish I could get you convinced that even though Theo isn't as cool as Aebi, it's still a good thing. But whatever, I truly am proud to call you a fellow Avs fan. Stay strong bud, we will come out strong in the end of the season, and they will be eating their words. Go Avs! :D
Thanks Adam, same with you too, be optimistic. :) Like your sig says, Us Ave Fans should stick together, and push off the bandwaggoners. :0pouce:

But I'm sorry about me not being convinced Theodore has potential. I just cannot, ans will not admit to him helping us. That's the only non-optimistic thing I have to say about the Aves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Its been a pretty crazy off season for us Av fans and all I can say is bring on Dallas on October 4th...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,212 Posts
dgill90 said:
The Avs half always been such a strong team since the 90's, but within the last three years they been letting a lot of players go to easily.. Foresberg, Blake, Foote, Kariya, Selanne, Tanguay.. why that trade I dont know.., same with Drury, time for them to smarten up and start signing some players.. you cant rely on Sakic, Hejduk, and Svatos to win you a cup alone..
Selanne was a bust in colorado any ways. The avs just didn't play his style of hockey. Hedjuk didn't have a very good season last year either. But i agree with you losing tanguay and blake is really going to hurt them. Having theodore isn't going to help you either:wink
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
prucha_for_mvp said:
Selanne was a bust in colorado any ways. The avs just didn't play his style of hockey. Hedjuk didn't have a very good season last year either. But i agree with you losing tanguay and blake is really going to hurt them. Having theodore isn't going to help you either:wink
haha.. theodore not all that bad.. who knows.. he could surprise you all with a new team and management.. he never really got to show off his talent before playoff time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Nice to know you're an Aves fan gdill. :hi: Why aren't you an "HF Junior Prospect" anymore? And Adam, why are you still a "Senior Member", and I'm just a "Member"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
dgill90 said:
The Avs half always been such a strong team since the 90's, but within the last three years they been letting a lot of players go to easily.. Foresberg, Blake, Foote, Kariya, Selanne, Tanguay.. why that trade I dont know.., same with Drury, time for them to smarten up and start signing some players.. you cant rely on Sakic, Hejduk, and Svatos to win you a cup alone..
Well we already proved that we can move on without Foppa, Foote, Kariya, and Selanne. The only bad thing about losing those four players was the fact that Selannes team kicked our a**. Other than that we were just fine. Our team will develop just fine and we will prove all the disbelievers;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
dgill90 said:
haha.. theodore not all that bad.. who knows.. he could surprise you all with a new team and management.. he never really got to show off his talent before playoff time
True, but he looked about as out of place as Legace did during the playoffs. he did make some great saves against Dallas, but the Avs were far superior to the Stars, as the Ducks were to the Avs.

Give Theodore the whole season now and I bet we see a change. Being traded from the Habs was probably a good thing for Theo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
kwings00 said:
True, but he looked about as out of place as Legace did during the playoffs. he did make some great saves against Dallas, but the Avs were far superior to the Stars, as the Ducks were to the Avs.

Give Theodore the whole season now and I bet we see a change. Being traded from the Habs was probably a good thing for Theo.
You know what, all of a sudden i got a change in heart. If I can agree with a Wings fan, then I can agree that Theo will help us next season. I will now give him three games to prove his worth. If we lose twice to the Stars, Wilds, or the Canucks, then I will be all over him once again.

So for now, Theo shows great potential and I know he will lead us to the cup........Ouch That Hurt to Say That.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,798 Posts
Crazy Roy Fan said:
You know what, all of a sudden i got a change in heart. If I can agree with a Wings fan, then I can agree that Theo will help us next season. I will now give him three games to prove his worth. If we lose twice to the Stars, Wilds, or the Canucks, then I will be all over him once again.

So for now, Theo shows great potential and I know he will lead us to the cup.
If Theodore is not playing for a contract, he's not winning those games.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top