Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Domi's wife takes divorce public
In interview, Leanne Domi says the `facts are facts' about Tie and Belinda
Sep. 26, 2006. 01:00 AM
ROSIE DIMANNO
STAR COLUMNIST

All the world's a sucker for scandal, especially when there's sex involved.

Loving and un-loving: It's the stuff of vicarious, if cheap, thrills.

And in a celebrity-challenged country such as Canada — where hockey is politics — the gasp-snicker subject of the day must needs be The Battle of the Domis, with an uptown girl-pol thrown in for titillation.

Not exactly Jen and Brad and Angelina, but juicy enough for the likes of us.

In some dish'n'dirt quarters, the alleged romantic alliance of Tie Domi and Belinda Stronach has been tacitly framed as Beauty and the Beast: Except she's no flaming beauty and he's no Neanderthal beast.

The accused Other Woman, she is a compelling combination of blond ambition, moneyed privilege, political inconstancy and suspect judgment, with a very public trail of intimate relationships gone bad behind her.

And he's an immensely popular persona-about-town with business smarts at least commensurate to his hockey talents.

But the least-known protagonist in this alleged three-way tango of love and betrayal and anguish is The Wife, Leanne Domi.

A Mrs. of 13 years standing who has, already once before, forgiven her husband for what she says was a previous infidelity, on the promise that he would never again hurt her like this.

"If it wasn't for my husband's affair with Belinda, we wouldn't be getting a divorce," Leanne told the Star in an interview last night.
TheStar.com - Domi's wife takes divorce public

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Anyone remember "Dandy" from TEAM1200 and the comments he made about Tie Domi and his wife?

Umm... should I stop there?

·
Banned
44 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Anyone remember "Dandy" from TEAM1200 and the comments he made about Tie Domi and his wife?

Never heard of this since over here in Vancouver I have Team 1020.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
MMA freak said:
Never heard of this since over here in Vancouver I have Team 1020.
Yeah. In Ottawa/Gatineau it's the "Hockey Country" radio station. :D

I can't get The Fan well from here unless I use the internet, so I usually listen to TEAM1200 instead for my news. It's actually pretty good though, so it's not so bad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:

What comments did he made on them? Spill the beans!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
LOL!

Well, he was talking about how he doesn't like Tie Domi at all, and then said that "he probably beats his wife".

It was a huge story here in the Ottawa/Gatineau Region, and probably Toronto too.

Don "Dandyman" Romani was in hot water and apologized the next day. There was a possibility that Tie Domi was going to sue him, and a few days later he (Dandy) was pulled off the air and suspended. It ended up screwing up the whole radio station as to who was broadcasting as to what timeslot who wasin and such. There was a lot of movement and it's like that to this day. It's possible that he would have been allowed to return to his job at some point in time, but about a month had passed by since his comments were made and eventually he resigned from his position.

This happened in 2004 I think. Just before the playoffs series between Toronto and Ottawa was played (for the 4th time).

I just found the story. Here it is:

Leafs' Domi could sue over radio joke

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A local station in Toronto ran a similar thing about Tie's small .... you know. Apparently he wasn't too pleased with that either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts