Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sports Network) - The Atlanta Thrashers shoot for their fourth consecutive win tonight when they visit the Florida Panthers at the BankAtlantic Center for the back end of a home-and-home.

The Thrashers are the early leaders in the Southeast Division with 13 points, and they are only three back of red-hot Buffalo in the Eastern Conference. On Saturday, Marian Hossa scored two goals to give Atlanta a 4-2 victory over the Panthers at Philips Arena.

Kari Lehtonen made 18 saves and Ilya Kovalchuk had a goal and an assist for the Thrashers, who have won six of their last seven games overall.

Hossa is tied with Buffalo's Chris Drury for the NHL lead at nine goals, and is one behind the Sabres' Maxim Afinogenov for the scoring lead with 13 points.

The Thrashers begin a five-game road trip tonight and will visit Carolina on Wednesday.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
It's done. 7-1-1 after a 6-3 win over the Panthers. It seems Florida may have some goaltending issues this year, though when Eddie's on, he's on, so I won't doubt them yet.

I'm just waiting for the highlights so I can see Kovalchuk's hattrick.

By the way, who's the top line centerman for the Thrash? Is it Rucchin, or did Kozlov move back to the center position again? They lost Savard and let go of Stefan, so I have no idea right now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
It's done. 7-1-1 after a 6-3 win over the Panthers. It seems Florida may have some goaltending issues this year, though when Eddie's on, he's on, so I won't doubt them yet.

I'm just waiting for the highlights so I can see Kovalchuk's hattrick.

By the way, who's the top line centerman for the Thrash? Is it Rucchin, or did Kozlov move back to the center position again? They lost Savard and let go of Stefan, so I have no idea right now.
Rucchin is still the #1 Center. So still the same line in Jon Sim, Steve Rucchin, and Ilya Kovalchuk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts