Hockey Fan Forums banner
241 - 256 of 256 Posts
I honestly can't see Foppa signing with another Northwest division team.
On another matter nary a mention of the latest Linden Soap Opera on these boards especailly after the big slpash in the papers and on TEAM 1040 the last few days.
Well, I think there is a silent understanding that some here want him back and appreciate his value. Others would like to see him move on with his life off the ice and don't see his contribution to the team....soooo, for now it's been a beaten topic and for myself, I am waiting to see how things turn out for Trevor, than at least there will be something of substance to talk about once we know what is really on the table.

Foppa's coming KB.....brace yourself. ;) :haha:

RB

Well, I think there is a silent understanding that some here want him back and appreciate his value. Others would like to see him move on with his life off the ice and don't see his contribution to the team....soooo, for now it's been a beaten topic and for myself, I am waiting to see how things turn out for Trevor, than at least there will be something of substance to talk about once we know what is really on the table.

Foppa's coming KB.....brace yourself. ;) :haha:

RB
Froppa has tabled offers from Colorado/Detriot and Ottawa also, or that was what they were saying on TSN on Wednesday, so he might very well not be a Canuck next season. I mean you guys thought he would be the last time he was a FA remember? And then again this trade deadline a few of the Canuck posters went so much as to guarantee that Forsberg would be a Nucker as of the trade deadline. I think it is easily just as possible that Forberg passes up the chance to be a whale for yet a third time.

If. And if foppa signed with the nucks. That would be a great move for your team. Mabye he could replace bertuzzi as naslund's go to guy if he can stay healthy.
Well we've got to do something since you've gone and signed Owen Nolan. ;)

Just jokin' :)

I'm not sure he would necessarily replace Bert....more like he would replace Morisson on this club. Someone would have to be moved out to make way for the extra spending here and my bet is it's Mo. 3.2 mil for a center we no longer need. We then would look something like this up the middle.

Foppa
Henrik
Kesler
Rypien/Ritchie.

Unless of course the can do it by moving someone like Ohlund from the d line and then try to convince Mo he's got to shine on the third line and Kes has to accept his fate on the 4th. Then it's a really solid center position from top to bottom.

foppa
henrik
morisson
kesler.

time shall tell if it's all just a pipe dream anyway..

RB

Froppa has tabled offers from Colorado/Detriot and Ottawa also, or that was what they were saying on TSN on Wednesday, so he might very well not be a Canuck next season. I mean you guys thought he would be the last time he was a FA remember? And then again this trade deadline a few of the Canuck posters went so much as to guarantee that Forsberg would be a Nucker as of the trade deadline. I think it is easily just as possible that Forberg passes up the chance to be a whale for yet a third time.
Yes yes, I do recall the past......;) :)

You're right, it's all a crap shoot. Anything can happen here but you know something, it's the best rumour going at this time of year. And, for the record I believe this is the first time Naslund has ever come forward and confessed that his is actually attempting to talk his friend into it. I mean, I recall times past where Nazzy actually denied doing so, so for what it's worth I think this time actually holds more merrit as a "possibility".

RB

Well we've got to do something since you've gone and signed Owen Nolan. ;)

Just jokin' :)

I'm not sure he would necessarily replace Bert....more like he would replace Morisson on this club. Someone would have to be moved out to make way for the extra spending here and my bet is it's Mo. 3.2 mil for a center we no longer need. We then would look something like this up the middle.

Foppa
Henrik
Kesler
Rypien/Ritchie.

Unless of course the can do it by moving someone like Ohlund from the d line and then try to convince Mo he's got to shine on the third line and Kes has to accept his fate on the 4th. Then it's a really solid center position from top to bottom.

foppa
henrik
morisson
kesler.

time shall tell if it's all just a pipe dream anyway..

RB
I don't think they'll have to move anyone. Money isn't an issue for Forsberg, and any team that has the dollars available to offer him 5 mil plus are teams that will miss the playoffs. Except maybe Anaheim once Neidermayer retires.

Colorado, Philly, Ottawa and Vancouver all have about 2 to 3 mil they can spare for Forsberg, and none of them are going to move talent off their roster to make room for a guy with his health concerns.

If he signs in Vancouver, it will be for somewhere between 2 and 3 million. When bringing in a player that might only play 50 to 60 games, you have to keep a guy like Morrison around for depth to carry you through...

Daniel / Henrik / Pyatt
Naslund / Forsberg / Kesler
Cooke / Morrison / Linden
Burrows / Ritchie / Cowan
Shannon

Mitchell / Bieksa
Salo / Ohlund
Miller / Krajicek
Edler

Luongo
Sanford

That's how I think the team will look come October...

I don't think they'll have to move anyone. Money isn't an issue for Forsberg, and any team that has the dollars available to offer him 5 mil plus are teams that will miss the playoffs. Except maybe Anaheim once Neidermayer retires.

Well, I aint so sure of that my friend. Perhaps but I would be super surprised if foppa went anywhere for 2 or 3 mil especially if the rumours are true and he's been offered large deals from teams like Detroit. Someone will offer him 5 mil gord and all the friendship in the world aint gonna bring him to the orca. If I am wrong here then tell me why he's always played elsewhere and for big dollars? foppa's talented, no doubt but IMO he is all about the money too. Sorry to say but if the Canucks are serious in this they'd better have bank to back up this ploy.

Colorado, Philly, Ottawa and Vancouver all have about 2 to 3 mil they can spare for Forsberg, and none of them are going to move talent off their roster to make room for a guy with his health concerns.

I really don't think he's going anywhere if there are health issues. And bad foot or no bad foot, somehow this guy still remained pretty much a point per game guy. I'll take my chances with him and pay the bill. If they're serious about this then do puck around - get it done so the rest of this team knows where they stand come training camp. I just hate the dillydally attitude sometimes of this franchise.

If he signs in Vancouver, it will be for somewhere between 2 and 3 million. When bringing in a player that might only play 50 to 60 games, you have to keep a guy like Morrison around for depth to carry you through...

Well, I do agree with that. However, my theory states he's going to take at least 4 mil to land. It cannot be done otherwise. OR, move Ohlund which I am just not sure about. It's one or the other but the money has to come from somewhere.

Daniel / Henrik / Pyatt
Naslund / Forsberg / Kesler
Cooke / Morrison / Linden
Burrows / Ritchie / Cowan
Shannon

Where is Isbister?

Mitchell / Bieksa
Salo / Ohlund
Miller / Krajicek
Edler

Luongo
Sanford

That's how I think the team will look come October...
There is an eight character rule.....had to write something.

There is an eight character rule.....had to write something.
If Detroit offered him 5 mil per, they'll have to move someone significant because they'll be over the cap...they're already near 46 million. I'm sticking to my prediction that he signs for money that will have other fans screaming...

Isbister is in the minors where he belongs...;)

If Detroit offered him 5 mil per, they'll have to move someone significant because they'll be over the cap...they're already near 46 million. I'm sticking to my prediction that he signs for money that will have other fans screaming...

Isbister is in the minors where he belongs...;)
Well all in all you make a good argument. Perhaps your vision will materialize. Hey, I hope it does cause that would put this team in a decent position on all fronts.

Isbister - V will get the most out of him yet and if he can't then no one can. Just a feeling.

RB

Discussion starter · #250 ·
I really don't know if Forsberg will sign here. Didn't he once say that out of respect for the Colorado franchise he would not play in Vancouver? I know he doesn't have to honor that, but I don't think it's a sure bet he will sign here.

Forsberg won't make a decision sooner than he wants too. All of us can only hope that this team can land a player of his caliber to boost up our offense. If we can sign Forsberg and keep our current roster in tact, we will definately have a lot to look forward next season.

forsberg's an interesting guy. the NHL was never the biggest deal to him the way it is for most hockey players. he could have played in the NHL at 19, but stayed until he was 21. playing in the '94 olympics was a priority for him and he did it instead of signing a big money contract like markus naslund did and like most 20 year olds would probably do. so i have no idea what he'll do next year, but few guys in hockey have less to prove than peter forsberg, and no player would surprise me less if he decided to pull a michael jordan and retire to play minor pro baseball than forsberg.

Current speculation (which I happen to believe) is that the new look will be the Canucks on Visine...current colour scheme without the red...how they work it onto the Rbk template remains to be seen, but I'm really hoping they keep it simple...no shoulders, and none those stupid vertical lines. Logos are to stay the same, whale on the chest, stick-in-a-box on the shoulders...

Current speculation (which I happen to believe) is that the new look will be the Canucks on Visine...current colour scheme without the red...how they work it onto the Rbk template remains to be seen, but I'm really hoping they keep it simple...no shoulders, and none those stupid vertical lines. Logos are to stay the same, whale on the chest, stick-in-a-box on the shoulders...
I heard they were going vintage like Washington and trying out those black and gold jerseys again.;)

241 - 256 of 256 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.