1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toronto Sun.com
By STEVE SIMMONS
Sun, August 20, 2006

Pat Quinn a star? Pat Quinn always thought of himself as a Star, and soon it may be true.

The Dallas Stars are talking to Quinn about a consultant's job. Translation: They will be putting Quinn on retainer in case they have to make a move with coach Dave Tippett...

Little known fact: The Leafs shopped Mats Sundin around prior to the Olympics and one of the teams most interested was the Calgary Flames...

John Ferguson insisted upon a confidentiality clause before finalizing his $5-million-plus injury settlement to Owen Nolan. Had the details, such as a lawyer inquiring as to where Ferguson attained his medical background, come out, it could have been potentially embarrassing for the Leafs GM...

Department of irony: When Nolan accused the Leafs of misdiagnosing his knee injury, the trainer at the time was Chris Broadhurst. Now, Nolan just signed a contract with Phoenix. The Coyotes trainer happens to be the ex-Leaf, Broadhurst....

Confirm or deny: Ferguson is so concerned about his flailing public image that he will make a hire shortly solely intended to placate Leaf fans.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Confirm or deny: Ferguson is so concerned about his flailing public image that he will make a hire shortly solely intended to placate Leaf fans.
I'm guessing that's either Dougie or Vaive as an assistant on the Marlies? I'll be glad if one of them gets the job, but it won't change my opinion at all about JFJ.

He's gotta' go!:mad:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
LOL! :laugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts