Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about starting hockey. Im 22 is that to old to start? What equipment would i need. How much do they normally cost? All information on starting would be great. If i join a team now would the teammates hate me becuase im not as good as them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you ever skated before ? if not than its too late to start IMHO.

You need to start early.. but if you don't than I would not try to pursue it as a profession. Just a Hobby.

There is a lot of sites out there for beginneers out there.. just have to search a little and you can find anything and everything you need to know about it

·
Registered
11 Posts
beginners have to spend a lot of time and you are telling your age is 22 but if you started i the age at 15 then you would be a good player now
as i still dont know whether you have experience or not if you dont have experience then dont start because it would be more trouble

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Well, for some people hockey is a very natural sport and they pick it up easy. Years ago i played with a guy who started playing when he was 15, even at that age it is considered young. I was skating before i was 3 years old.

But you never know, some people pick it up really easy.

I would get out there, try getting some experience skating, then upgrade to learning to use a stick and puck handle, got to learn to keep your head up.

Its def. a lot of work, but try it out, you can also roller blade during the summer to hone. your skills.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts