Hockey Fan Forums banner

The Stanley Cup Final

789 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Welshy 
#1 ·
Right guys, being rather new, those of you won't know that I'm a native of England as opposed to your beautiful countries. However, I'm coming over to the States on 1st June for 3 months to teach soccer and was hoping to catch (because I have very little coverage here! :( ) the last 7, possibly, games of Lord Stanley's big silver momento.

Couldn't find any potential dates on NHL.com but I'm sure one of you knowledgeable folk would know. Would anyone be able to let me know what dates the final would be contested on dependent on whether the Conference Finals go to 7 games or less?

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I'm backing Edmonton to recapture the Cup.

Thanks in advance.

Welshy

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot, it's really appreciated, I'll be in the U.S. (New York) at 9 P.M. on 1st June, will there be any games on that night at all?

If not, I'll catch one or two of the Stanley Cup Final games in the week after.

Can't wait. Hopefully Detroit will be able to say it was beaten by the eventual winners.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Yeah same here but the way they nullified us in the opening playoff series and have then since gone on to beat San Jose and are halfway to shooting down the Ducks (no pun intended) suggests that we were wrong to, firstly, underestimate them and secondly, be gracious in defeat and wish them all the best in the Conference Final and, as is looking likely, the Stanley Cup Final.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
See, that's the thing, unfortunately, being from the UK, we don't get much coverage of the NHL but I do try my best to see as much of the Red Wings as possible.

Plus, the time difference really doesn't help in the slightest either.

I understand not rooting for another team but with Ice Hockey being my second sport if you like, I'm not as much of a die-hard as you I'm afraid.

How I'd love the chance though!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.