Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sens blew a three goal lead when they lost in overtime last nigjht at Washington. Daniel Alfreddson opened the scoring in the first period with a feed from Spezza. The Sens scored another two goals via Heatly and Vermette and where off to what seemed to be a blowout game. The Caps scored a deflection goal with only a few minutes left in the first period.

In the second period the Sens gave up another goal by Ovechken on the powerplay. There performance got worse as the game progressed.

In the Third the Sens held the fort until a minute left in the period when Phillups took another STUPID penalty. They had a 6 on 4 for a minutre(The Caps goalie was pulled). Ovechkin scored with 26 second left in the period. I ws soo frustrated I landed a punch on my brothers face and started swearing at him like it was his fault that they scored.

The Caps scored and overtime winner on Gerber wich just slipped past his shoulder.

I was a very unhappy camper. If Muccler doesn't make a change he will be changed!!:mad:

--------------------

BOXSCORE

SCORING SUMMARY
1st Period
Ottawa: 01:31 DANIEL ALFREDSSON, Assists: JASON SPEZZA
Ottawa: 10:25 ANTOINE VERMETTE, Assists: DANIEL ALFREDSSON and ANDREJ MESZAROS
Ottawa:11:51 DANY HEATLEY, Assists: ANTON VOLCHENKOV and ANDREJ MESZAROS
Washington:19:14 PPG - MATT PETTINGER, Assists: JAMIE HEWARD and MIKE GREEN
2nd Period
Washington: 07:56 ALEXANDER OVECHKIN, Assists: ALEXANDER SEMIN and DAINIUS ZUBRUS
3rd Period
Wasington: 19:35 PPG - ALEXANDER OVECHKIN, Assists: ALEXANDER SEMIN and BRIAN POTHIER
4th Period
Washinton: 01:33 CHRIS CLARK, Assists: ALEXANDER SEMIN and STEVE EMINGER

PENALTY SUMMARY
1st Period
12:35 POTHIER, B. : Hooking - 2 min
17:50 SCHUBERT, C. : Tripping - 2 min
2nd Period
05:56 HEATLEY, D. : Hooking - 2 min
13:14 GORDON, B. : Delaying Game-Puck over glass - 2 min
3rd Period
01:21 SCHUBERT, C. : Hi stick - 2 min
18:57 PHILLIPS, C. : Tripping - 2 min
4th Period
NONE

SHOTS ON GOAL
1st 2nd 3rd 4th T
Ottawa 8 12 5 1 26
Washington 5 9 9 3 26

Saves - Shots
Goalies Team EV PP SH Total
GERBER OTT 17 - 19 5 - 7 0 - 0 22 - 26
KOLZIG TM 2 - 5 0 - 0 0 - 0 2 - 5
JOHNSON TM 19 - 19 2 - 2 0 - 0 21 - 21

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Crazy, last year there's no way the Sens would get beaten by the Caps like that but this year's the team looks limp. I thought they were going to blow up like did against the Leafs a few weeks ago and smoke a team but I guess that's not happening right now.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
With the GM Meetings going on, you can bet there's going to be a trade!!

I can't figure them out this year at all??

Like you said Shookem, it's crazy!!! :cheeky4:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'd love to see Muckler gone, and Murray promoted to GM.
The thought of Muckler making a trade, makes me cringe.

He's incompetent, whereas Murray is a genius of a GM.
Get a new coach with a winning record, i.e Ken Hitchcock.

Trade Alfredsson already!
Should've traded him last year(While his trade value was still sky high). He's a great player, but an awful captain. Until ottawa realizes this, they'll keep losing in the playoffs.

They need someone vocal, who can guide this team. They look lost on the ice whenever the pressure is on. Make Redden captain, and get him veteran help(i.e Jeff Friesen, Craig Conroy..etc).

Melnyk should put his money where his mouth is.
Shake up the team(No need for dismantling), and shock them back to reality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts