Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
arma said:
it's 4 zip against philly in a game playing for the division. it's a joke.
I know how you feel but did you really expect us to be were we are with 1 game remaining? like i said many times we were expected to be the worst in the NHL we have 100 points. maybe the joke should be on much of the NHL's other teams. if you wana know what a joke is look no further then Weekes and Tom Renney. although i give Renney alot of credit for what he has done with this team and all but his LOVE affection for Weekes is is just plain out a disgrace.

Ratkiler4 said:
not the best time to be slumping...but i think its due to weeks. Once lundquist is back you should be ok.

does anyone know when lundquist is back?

They say lundquist is ok to go anytime. renney is just resting him untill the playoffs start. so dont expect to see him till then.

Weekes has been a horror of late. i dont know why renney has thrown away first place like this. Montoya could have done beter.

Weekes has been only part of the problem. the rangers have many key guys out of late missing time like Malik, Kasper, Poti, Rucinsky, Rucchin. Prucha missed 6 weeks before and after the olympic break.

if we fast forwarded 2 seasons ahead we would have the depth as such of a team like the Flyers who were able to replace there injured unlike the rangers and still play strong.

Remember sather said this was only a rebuilding year. no one expected this much of the Rangers. sure we had some suprise players such as Lundquist and Prucha but thats part of the rebuilding process to find such players.

If you asked me 2 months ago about the Rangers i would have gave them a ligit shot at going someplace. but now with all there injuries and without the depth ready to contribute i cant see them going past the first round. thats the way sports is. you can lose it all at the worst possible time like the Rangers are doing now.

At least all of us fans can at least be happy that we broke the NHL's longest playoff drought. and for the most part a very exciting unexpected season. and we got to grapple some with our rivals fans. something we also havent been able to do for many years.

All in all it was a fun year and For all this i still give them a big. :0pouce:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Actually he is suppose to play Tuesday against the Sens..... Thank God!!!!! I listened to an interview with him yesterday online... He was on WFAN in New York and he said he was playing Tuesday....:hands:

He can't come back soon enough after todays farce...... That was a disgrace........:mad:

I never want to see Weekes in the Rangers net again......:hands:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
CHB said:
Actually he is suppose to play Tuesday against the Sens..... Thank God!!!!! I listened to an interview with him yesterday online... He was on WFAN in New York and he said he was playing Tuesday....:hands:

He can't come back soon enough after todays farce...... That was a disgrace........:mad:

I never want to see Weekes in the Rangers net again......:hands:

Well i herd this also about Lundquist but i dont expect it.

I dont understand weekes at all. he can play solid for a few games then he just plain out sucks azz. too many juicy rebounds and with the patchwork defense we now have with all the injuries just doesnt mix well with weekes play. Lundquist doesnt give up a quarter of the rebounds weekes does so even with the patchwork defense we have were still gona steal some wins.

i was all for the Rangers looking to trade Montoya. but i must now rethink this as we could use him as a valueable backup for the next 2 seasons giving him 1 in every 3 games which i think would be suficent for him and also in the same sense give Lundquist some rest so he would be more fresh and not be such a workhorse goalie. i really think it could work well for both of them and the team. then in 2 years maybe montoya's trade stock could be on a high level and we could have another great backup come to the Rangers.

These are just some thoughts on how to use these 2 young fine goalies in the near future to the Rangers advantage.

Lets face it Weekes just isnt the answer how he has proved it in these last 4 games. its just plain out pathetic. even with a solid defense he still gives up the juicy rebounds which i cant stand for.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Doesn't Weekes have another year on his contract??? BUY HIM OUT SATHER!!!!!!!!!

You are right, he has a couple of good games, than just plain sucks....

We just need everyone back for the playoffs.....

Let's see, we have probably lost the division title.. jagr will probably lose the scoring lead.... All in one day..... :mad:

BUT, this still has been a dream season for our Blueshirts, and I am still very proud of the way they played... Just wish Lundy could have played all 82 games..... LOL...:haha:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts