Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So only about 55% of people here voted in yesterday's election. That's an all-time low. That's sickening. Only half of us give a crap.
That's an indication of the apathy around here. People just don't care about their government or their big blue stupid hockey team that tries to represent us.

The vote, or indifference towards it, is an indication from the populace that there is a definite "who cares? attitude and lack of passion in electoral Toronto. We hate stupid indifferent government and those lacklustre institutions that revolve around it. We hate the the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Conservatives, the Liberals and the ugly leaf have fallen short of accumulating the votes of caring Ontario people. That has become the first step in declaring the goddamn leaf a non-entity around here. People have given up. They have abandoned the Toronto Make Beliefs and those who support it. Get lost leaf! We vote you out, by not even showing up to vote.

This indifference will be cast outward and upward when The Ottawa Senators complete their resolve to become Ontario's (and Canada's)team. Ottawa will be the new source of electoral inspiration, the new leadership we can aspire to. Toronto just sucks and it has now been proven. We hate the political leaf and we just don't care. We stayed away from voting as a way of declaring our mistrust for the hated leaf.

At the polls yesterday, the people of Ontario like me, and not the bone heads of Canadian crevices like Cold Lake Alberta, have come out and said we hate the losing ways of our non-ice-heros we just can't count upon. We are Ontario. Let Dalton McSquinty squeek in, but we hate this guy and the leafs, those we try to identify with in our lives, those we desperately try to look up to.

Can someone please take the bull by the horns here in central Ontario. We lack serious leadership, on an off the ice.

Go Sens GO.

I hate my Toronto tonight. We still have the leaf, and now Dalton McSquinty, by default. UHHHHHHHHH! C'mon Vancouver Canucks. It's your year, NOW. Go Canucks Go! Or Calgary or Edmonton, PLEASE!. Anyone but the stupid careless leaf. Christ I hate the leaf. Toronto sucks.

(The reason I edited your post LH, or is it Moe Man? is I took out the veiled swearing, it's one thing to post your drivle, but to use profanity is a whole other area we don't need to be going towards.
Rusty)

·
Registered
353 Posts
No. The reason voters didn’t show up was because it was too cold. For some crazy fluke-of-nature reason, it was suddenly a very windy and cold minus 30 degrees in the Greater Toronto Area. Haven’t you been watching City Pulse, LH?

BTW. Rusty, while I’m concerned about the conflict of interest there, I agree that this must be an imposter. That was seriously lame. Shit, Leafhatred would not have been that feeble, would he? This guy has got to try a little more.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Biggus Dickus said:
No. The reason voters didn’t show up was because it was too cold. For some crazy fluke-of-nature reason, it was suddenly a very windy and cold minus 30 degrees in the Greater Toronto Area. Haven’t you been watching City Pulse, LH?

BTW. Rusty, while I’m concerned about the conflict of interest there, I agree that this must be an imposter. That was seriously lame. Shit, Leafhatred would not have been that feeble, would he? This guy has got to try a little more.
You cant honestly be blaming the weather? PEI had a hurricane hit them and 83% of them voted....

·
Registered
353 Posts
Canadian26 said:
Biggus Dickus said:

You cant honestly be blaming the weather? PEI had a hurricane hit them and 83% of them voted....
Sorry Canadian26, that was sarcasm. However, I have seen City Pulse News casts where people were actually blaming the weather for low turnout.

It was a partly cloudy, 15 degrees Celsius or so.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Leafhatred said:
At the polls yesterday, the people of Ontario like me, and not the bone heads of Canadian crevices like Cold Lake Alberta, have come out and said we hate the losing ways of our non-ice-heros we just can't count upon.
Hey Rusty... look up... look wayyyyyy up. Is this true? Are the people of Cold Lake Alberta, really bone heads?

S

·
0 Posts
Leafhatred said:
I hate my Toronto tonight. We still have the leaf, and now Dalton McSquinty, by default. UHHHHHHHHH! C'mon Vancouver Canucks. It's your year, NOW. Go Canucks Go! Or Calgary or Edmonton, PLEASE!. Anyone but the stupid careless leaf. Christ I hate the leaf. Toronto sucks.

(The reason I edited your post LH, or is it Moe Man? is I took out the veiled swearing, it's one thing to post your drivle, but to use profanity is a whole other area we don't need to be going towards.
Rusty)
Leafhatred lol now from hating the leafs to the city .. why dont you just up and leave.. its people like you we dont need in the city , if you have no pride or cant see a bright side to anything the city has to offer then move to ottawa where you say the sens will win and the city is better.. maybe youd cheer for something then ranting on and on and on about the same things every other day.

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
snail said:
Leafhatred said:
At the polls yesterday, the people of Ontario like me, and not the bone heads of Canadian crevices like Cold Lake Alberta, have come out and said we hate the losing ways of our non-ice-heros we just can't count upon.
Hey Rusty... look up... look wayyyyyy up. Is this true? Are the people of Cold Lake Alberta, really bone heads?
Well if LH says we are, I guess we are.

Poor little leafhatred, people are starting to see through his thin skinned attacks, seeing as he doesn't like it when he gets moderated it is only a matter of a day or two until he picks up and moves to another street corner to spew his verbal diarhea. He did the same thing when he left the UFF because he felt it is his legal right to put down the Leafs and their throngs of fans, free speach right LH?

Keep it up LH and I will continue to moderate you accordingly. You see on Sportsnet you were allowed, this is a forum that is run by the members who post here, say what you want but make no mistake about it you will be moderated here, unlike Sportsnet...........

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think we should take care here Rusty.

I believe in freedom of speech and don’t want see anyone’s ass get sanctioned. I realize we don’t want a bunch of simple-minded flamers but Leafhatred (if this is actually him) is not one of those. On SN, it was the LH butt kissers and the young Leaf retaliators that went crazy. LH may have been the inspiration for many flame wars however he wasn’t usually a participant. Besides, it doesn’t look like that will happen here.

I apologize. I don’t wish to interfere in anyone’s moderating duties or be a backseat moderator, I’m just speaking my mind.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Earnhardt said:
snail said:
Leafhatred said:
Well if LH says we are, I guess we are.

Poor little leafhatred, people are starting to see through his thin skinned attacks, seeing as he doesn't like it when he gets moderated it is only a matter of a day or two until he picks up and moves to another street corner to spew his verbal diarhea. He did the same thing when he left the UFF because he felt it is his legal right to put down the Leafs and their throngs of fans, free speach right LH?

Keep it up LH and I will continue to moderate you accordingly. You see on Sportsnet you were allowed, this is a forum that is run by the members who post here, say what you want but make no mistake about it you will be moderated here, unlike Sportsnet...........
Rusty you say it's run by members here? a select few run this site not all members.As much as you may not like LH posts for the most part i haven't seen him fracture any rules,unless of course bashing the leafs is all of a sudden considered personal attacks.I hate to say it Rusty but your above post is more of a personal attack on a member{LH} than i've seen LH post.Not being one to but in but i think there is a bit of a double standard here.Any how in MODS we TRUST. :wink: :shock: I'm only commenting on this in this forum because you chose to make it a forum topic by posting it here rather than sending LH a private message as to why you sensored his post.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
i think earny has a point here. sure LH has the right to free speech and to express his opinions. but it does become a personal attack when it strays from hockey to ones home and the political choices we make. you want to hate the leafs, fine. but dont bring politics into this, and a city which so many live in and love to live in. he used the term "WE" too much, and personaly i didnt like the fact that it might have seemed like he was speaking for me, as a torontonian myself, or alot of citizens here that i know would disagree with him. its really simple. stop whining and move.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
canadianinput said:
i think earny has a point here. sure LH has the right to free speech and to express his opinions. but it does become a personal attack when it strays from hockey to ones home and the political choices we make. you want to hate the leafs, fine. but dont bring politics into this, and a city which so many live in and love to live in. he used the term "WE" too much, and personaly i didnt like the fact that it might have seemed like he was speaking for me, as a torontonian myself, or alot of citizens here that i know would disagree with him. its really simple. stop whining and move.
It's obvious that for what ever reason LH hates the leafs as much as fans of the leafs love them.As for the politics,again weather it's right or wrong of LH to post this it didn't break any of the rules in the trash talk forum,as i don't see his rant as singleing out any one poster from this site.He was talking trash in of all places a trash talk forum,go figure :wink:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
trash n.

Worthless or discarded material or objects; refuse or rubbish.
Something broken off or removed to be discarded, especially plant trimmings.

The refuse of sugar cane after extraction of the juice.
A place or receptacle where rubbish is discarded: threw the wrapper in the trash.

Empty words or ideas.
Worthless or offensive literary or artistic material.
Disparaging, often abusive speech about a person or group.
A person or group of people regarded as worthless or contemptible.
....uhmmmm....this IS the trash talk section of the forums, is it not?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Leafhatred said:
At the polls yesterday, the people of Ontario like me, and not the bone heads of Canadian crevices like Cold Lake Alberta, have come out and said we hate...
Have any rules been fractured within this statement?

How is this different from a racial attack? ... other than Cold Lake not being a race of people.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
snail said:
Leafhatred said:
At the polls yesterday, the people of Ontario like me, and not the bone heads of Canadian crevices like Cold Lake Alberta, have come out and said we hate...

How is this different from a racial attack? ... other than Cold Lake not being a race of people.
You always answer your own questions??

·
Registered
353 Posts
canadianinput said:
Mmm canadianinput, whenever I read an LH post, that very big Torontonian “WE” is automatically converted to a very small “I”. It’s a royal statement. Visions of Grandeur and all of that – you know, the psycho ward in Parkdale.

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Doug are you upset because I edited the original post, or are you upset with what I said to him later on?

If you read the original edit the only thing I did was edit the swearing out, yes I realise this is the trash talk forum, but some people take that word trash too literally, you can probably say I am the same way but in the opposite direction. What I mean by the free speach thing is that some people out there take that free speach thing too far and say what ever they want to say, whether it hurts one or a million and one people.

·
Registered
820 Posts
flyerfan2 said:
snail said:
Leafhatred said:

You always answer your own questions??
Do I?

I guess sometimes I do, but not always. Haha

Actually, I didn't know the answer to my question. And I'm still not convinced that the idea I threw back out there is right.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Earnhardt said:
Doug are you upset because I edited the original post, or are you upset with what I said to him later on?

If you read the original edit the only thing I did was edit the swearing out, yes I realise this is the trash talk forum, but some people take that word trash too literally, you can probably say I am the same way but in the opposite direction. What I mean by the free speach thing is that some people out there take that free speach thing too far and say what ever they want to say, whether it hurts one or a million and one people.
Rusty i'm not upset,And i'm sure if it was the flyers he knocked the same way he doe's the leafs i'd probably be booted out of every forum he and i posted in.The fact of the matter is I'm not big on most sensorship,having said that i also see a need for it on sports forums such as this after witnessing what went on over at sports net.The swearing i'll agree offends some people and it is not always welcome depending on the company it's used in,but again the fact of the matter is that swearing goe's on in just about every part of society so i just don't see a need to sensor it in a sports forum.Rusty in closing i guess what my concern was is that it was sensord because of who posted it and the team it was written against,but after reading your reasoning i can live with it.Peace Rusty and no hard feelings. :wink: :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts