Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 786 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning and welcome to the Penthouse thread. You've now entered a thread of unity. A place where one can come and go with the flow of their own life. Where no guild lines exist and the subject matter flows like the sun across the sky. The Penthouse is a cold beer waiting for you at your favorite bar, or that hot cup of coffee mid day....it's where people gather. I wanted to create a place where posters my simply post, anything that is on their minds, like strangers, or friends for that matter....meandering about life.

Enjoy and relax...

Rusty

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Every time I see a cop car flying down the road going mac 1 with his hair on fire and lights blazing the cynic in me thinks he's on a coffee run to Tim Hortons.

Well today I actually witnessed just that. I swear to God! He passes a car on the left into the on coming traffic lane, luckily it was early and there was very little traffic. However, he proceeds to go thru 2 red lights, when all of a sudden he turns the cherries off and makes left into the Tim Hortons drive thru lane.

(typed in my best Andrew Dice Clay) Un f*****G believable!!!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every time I see a cop car flying down the road going mac 1 with his hair on fire and lights blazing the cynic in me thinks he's on a coffee run to Tim Hortons.

Well today I actually witnessed just that. I swear to God! He passes a car on the left into the on coming traffic lane, luckily it was early and there was very little traffic. However, he proceeds to go thru 2 red lights, when all of a sudden he turns the cherries off and makes left into the Tim Hortons drive thru lane.

(typed in my best Andrew Dice Clay) Un f*****G believable!!!
That is an awesome story....by the way, welcome to the Penthouse...;)

Had a good day myself, even though sleeping was futile last night. Highly productive. I like that. Tired now though...wont be too active tonight.

RB

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
What's a twonie?;)
I think he meant twinky. Girls are accepting twinky's these days? Excellent.

I hate phyiscs. I hate mathh 11 adv. I hate chemistry. I hate how we do stuff in school that wont apply to our future. I hate test crams before Christmas. I hate the thought of trying to figure out what to buy everyone for Christmas. I hate how I have no source of a steady income at the moment.

This good enough Rusty?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he meant twinky. Girls are accepting twinky's these days? Excellent.

I hate phyiscs. I hate mathh 11 adv. I hate chemistry. I hate how we do stuff in school that wont apply to our future. I hate test crams before Christmas. I hate the thought of trying to figure out what to buy everyone for Christmas. I hate how I have no source of a steady income at the moment.

This good enough Rusty?
No - I hate this effort. :cheeky4::laugh:

Chem? Physics? what have you got on your mind after you get into secondary school? I am assuming you're going that route based on your courses here? If not, oops. :eek:

Regardless, after a few brewskies at the Penthouse bar I think you're basically getting the idea of the thread.

Whatever you want to share buddy. ;):D

Casual meanderings. Me likes...it's a different approach on my part. Thought it would be fun...however I think you've got the spirit.

RB

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Chem? Physics? what have you got on your mind after you get into secondary school? I am assuming you're going that route based on your courses here? If not, oops. :eek:
I was looking towards maybe getting my bachelor of science, or go into engineering but my marks aren't exactly the greatest as of right now. Mostly that im barely passing both courses, it sucks.

But as they always say, when in doubt, teach. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
I was looking towards maybe getting my bachelor of science, or go into engineering but my marks aren't exactly the greatest as of right now. Mostly that im barely passing both courses, it sucks.

But as they always say, when in doubt, teach. ;)
Thats what they say, those that can play and those that can't coach :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice day today. Relaxin', had a solid sleep. Just finished an even better breaky.

Gotta bottle me beer today...exciting!

RB

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The weather's taking it easy on us today...single digit negatives. Liking that.

Big day ahead. Liking that too.

Worked on the home brew last night, coming along perfectly :thumbsup::cool: Once you have your own homemade you sure look at the commercial stuff differently....especially when you consider the price! :eek:

Dgill! Nice to hear about the school stuff. I have thought about carrying on further into Mechanical Engineering myself. I love all things "built" if you will. When I was your age my grades sucked. Terrible. However, today, it's serious business and less a choir. I love it. Makes a difference it seems.

Gotta jet, talk with ye'all later.

RB

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
What's a twonie?;)
I know you know this, how can't you with a name such as yours, but back in the day (btw I loath this remark, its used too much.)

Anyway back in the day (I used it way before anyone else)

So back in the day before one dollar and 2 dollar coins we had paper ones and twos.

Roll of twonies would be nice but I don't think the strippers would allow that close contact. I'm told.....I'M TOLD, that they accept fivers...!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Well, three tests in the next two days, just found out about one today. My stress level is about to go over the edge. Im pissed off because I should be getting 80's in everything, but im really struggling. I got physics tomorrow, math friday, and chem friday. Worst of it all, we're getting a major snowstorm tonight so school may be cancelled, which would mean three tests in one day.

BTW, did I mention that I got a 700 word essay to do on top of all of this?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know you know this, how can't you with a name such as yours, but back in the day (btw I loath this remark, its used too much.)

Anyway back in the day (I used it way before anyone else)

So back in the day before one dollar and 2 dollar coins we had paper ones and twos.

Roll of twonies would be nice but I don't think the strippers would allow that close contact. I'm told.....I'M TOLD, that they accept fivers...!
ROTFLMAO!

Good stuff. I thought you might have meant this. ;)

RB

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, three tests in the next two days, just found out about one today. My stress level is about to go over the edge. Im pissed off because I should be getting 80's in everything, but im really struggling. I got physics tomorrow, math friday, and chem friday. Worst of it all, we're getting a major snowstorm tonight so school may be cancelled, which would mean three tests in one day.

Well, based on what I see you contribute here, 700 words should be your intro ;)

I had a test popped on my just the other day. Aaa nice. I tanked it. I wasn't ready. My bad really. I ask myself, "do I want it or not?" And in fact it's a subject I should slaughter.

Anywho. Stressing out about it is sorta a good thing. You'll do great. I am sure of it.

RB

PS, isn't the Penthouse a nice hangout! I hope you're enjoying it!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

700 words? Bah! That's nothing. My teacher gave me one night to do a 1500 word essay. That's twice yours!

1 - 20 of 786 Posts