Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW chips in to help Canadian Open ... Weir in trouble to finish top 30

The smart money says the Pittsburgh Penguins will stay in Pittsburgh. If not stadium Plan A, then stadium Plan B. So the talk about a second NHL franchise in Southern Ontario probably is just grist for the mill. The surprising thing about the idle speculation is that there are so many people who think it couldn't work.

The notion that this is Maple Leaf country and nothing else never has been truly tested. There still may be some fans of a certain (aging) generation who are married to the Blue and White but if you gave the majority of them a vibrant young NHL team, accessible and nearby, the guess here is it would go big.

CORE PLAYERS

complete article

·
Registered
41 Posts
truebluefan said:
BMW chips in to help Canadian Open ... Weir in trouble to finish top 30

The smart money says the Pittsburgh Penguins will stay in Pittsburgh. If not stadium Plan A, then stadium Plan B. So the talk about a second NHL franchise in Southern Ontario probably is just grist for the mill. The surprising thing about the idle speculation is that there are so many people who think it couldn't work.

The notion that this is Maple Leaf country and nothing else never has been truly tested. There still may be some fans of a certain (aging) generation who are married to the Blue and White but if you gave the majority of them a vibrant young NHL team, accessible and nearby, the guess here is it would go big.

CORE PLAYERS

complete article

I'd really love to see the Pittsburgh Penguins relocating to Hamilton or Kitchener-Waterloo. I live in Kitchener where all of the people of K-W pray that it is going to move to here. We are going to welcome them here with open arms. We need a team to represent the Southwestern Ontario. Waterloo Penguins surely has a ring to it. I will become a proud diehard fan and season ticket holder of the Penguins if they move to here. I don't mind communiting to Hamilton (30 minutes away) for every home game. Toronto and Hamilton gonna be hardcore rivals.

I hate to see the Penguins departing Pittsburgh where they won two Stanley Cups but many opportunities to build the new arena reached to the dead end. I won't forgot how Mario turned this team around and saved them from being folding or relocation. Not like Canes or Avs, we gonna preserve Pittsburgh's history and bring Pittsburgh's memories forward with us to the future for sure.

Relocate the Pittsburgh to Ontario!

·
Banned
961 Posts
Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh needs to stay were they are. i would love to see the NHL come back to canada. i say move Florida, Tampa, Nashville, Columbus, Carolina.These in my opinion are markets that the NHL does not need to be in. also seeing winnipeg and quebec and even hartford back would be great. So i say leave the penguins in pittsburgh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts