Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the '70s(for those of you not born yet) the Flyers were known as the Broad street bullies because of their penchant for fisticuffs. Really they were a very good hockey team with a few thugs to scare the hell out of opponents. After what happened last night in Nashville(9 Fights) and what I saw of them last year it appears we've got a 2003 version of an old theme.

They have some young talent: Legwand, Tootoo, Orzagh, Hartnell, Eaton, Zidlicky(picked up in the Dunham deal) amongst others to go along with some tough customers.

They make life miserable for their opponents and could be this years surprise team. Comments?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
"penchant for fisticuffs"....I like that! :lol:

I dunno about a surprise team...not thus far anyway... 4 wins, 5 losses - 22 goals for and 23 goals against. I think it's too early in the season to make that type of determination.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TimmyTabasco said:
They also have a good goalie in Vokoun, this guy keeps Nashville in games, night in and night out

On a good team, he would be very good.
Yeah, when they traded Dunham last year I was surprised. It was risky to put the work load on Vokoun but he has been very, very good as a starter and the main reason they made the late season push last year for a playoff spot.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
i didnt like when they traded dunham cause he is a way underated goaltender, but i also liked vokoun so i think it worked out fine cause vokoun is showing hes a good goalie

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Nashville needs to improve their defensive core a little more, call up some of their big-name prospects and you got yourself a team.

I've always liked Nashville, for some odd reason. I guess I enjoy watching the newer expansion teams.

By the way, Dunham is horrible. He'll continue to suck in the Big Apple.

·
Registered
766 Posts
They're not gonna do good at all this season. They're never going to make the playoffs. Never. :twisted:

·
Registered
766 Posts
It's not like the 'Nucks ever make it past the first round of the playoffs. I remember the goal from center ice on Vancouver. That was great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts