Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
What's with the 5 posts on my account? Anybody know what happened to my history? Everyone else has apparently kept their goods?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Max Power said:
What's with the 5 posts on my account? Anybody know what happened to my history? Everyone else has apparently kept their goods?
Looks like it's been fixed! Says 3,459 posts on my screen for you.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Is it just me or is this forum on the verge of dying a slow and painfull death? Seems in the last while that very few people are actually online here, logged in and posting. Odd don't you think, considering the hockey season is on the brink of start up? :eek: Sure would be too bad if for all this effort it ends up chasing a great group of posters away....

Or perhaps it's just me....:dunno:

RB

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
We're getting more and more members quickly, soon we'll have new posters.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
farzamk said:
We're getting more and more members quickly, soon we'll have new posters.
Fair enough and nothing against the new members but I think you're missing my point. The members from Hockeyforums.com were really the only one's I knew....they were/are great posters who helped build hockeyforums to what it once was. Today, we've been merged into this forum....and now I seem to be one of the very few who are still interested. Is it something to be concerned about? Well sure...if quality posting and contribution are high priorities to the powers that be. And that's not to take from the fine posters who had already established themselves here before our arrival. I just suspect that we might not have been as welcome as was said.

How else do you explain the vanashing act of some of hockeyforums.com's finest?.....I could be dead wrong however I believe we can all agree that something is up here. :eek:

Lets see what the next few weeks bring. All of my questioning could be for not when one considers that school is just in and summers come to a close so with that said, people might simply be busy with life. However....seems fishy that pre-season is here and we are not....

RB

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
RustyBadcock said:
Fair enough and nothing against the new members but I think you're missing my point. The members from Hockeyforums.com were really the only one's I knew....they were/are great posters who helped build hockeyforums to what it once was. Today, we've been merged into this forum....and now I seem to be one of the very few who are still interested. Is it something to be concerned about? Well sure...if quality posting and contribution are high priorities to the powers that be. And that's not to take from the fine posters who had already established themselves here before our arrival. I just suspect that we might not have been as welcome as was said.

How else do you explain the vanashing act of some of hockeyforums.com's finest?.....I could be dead wrong however I believe we can all agree that something is up here. :eek:

Lets see what the next few weeks bring. All of my questioning could be for not when one considers that school is just in and summers come to a close so with that said, people might simply be busy with life. However....seems fishy that pre-season is here and we are not....

RB
Thing is, it is still the pre-season.... if people aren't back when the regular season roles around, then I'd start to think.

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
RustyBadcock said:
And another thing. Is it just me or does this sites pages take forever to load. :O Drives me nuts!
I don't have a problems often, but once in awhile I do. I think that might be related to traffic. I was logged into the NHL portal watching the early games, and it was clear and crisp. Then 9pm rolls along and Leafs nation logs on and slows everything down.

Damn that leafs nation! Damn US to hell!! :cheeky4:

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
RustyBadcock said:

RB
I totally agree with your post Rusty. As an HF "old timer" this merged site is simply not the same...too many new faces, not enough old faces.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Pens6615 said:
I totally agree with your post Rusty. As an HF "old timer" this merged site is simply not the same...too many new faces, not enough old faces.
Exactly, but it builds for more discussion and new ppl to "meet". Its just something everyone has to get used to

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Pens6615 said:
It was never intended for the site to be the same after the merge. It was meant to be better, and it will given time. And with all due respect Pens, but this is about your 4th post since the merge and before that you were at hardly ever around. The members drive this site, we need our members to be active.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Amoroq said:
It was never intended for the site to be the same after the merge. It was meant to be better, and it will given time. And with all due respect Pens, but this is about your 4th post since the merge and before that you were at hardly ever around. The members drive this site, we need our members to be active.
That is one thing we need is more active members. How can we do that??

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Amoroq said:
That's fair to say, but I feel that the merger may drive a lot of the posters like me away that are more of the browsing kind...usually check HF out once or twice a day, and post sometimes.

BTW, Im not against the merger, it will just take some time to get used to the new people, layout, etc.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts