Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm not a fan of the leafs, but man, I'd be happy with any Canadian team winning a cup. What I'd have really loved to see, would be Montreal finishing in 7th, Toronto finishing 8th, and Ottawa finishing 3rd. Then, no Canadian teams playing Canadian teams in the 1st round, and a possibility of 3 teams into the 2nd round. But, looks like maybe Habs vs Sens 1st round, so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not Sure if the Dream of all Canadian teams making the playoffs will come true....But that's all we can do is Dream..........:dunno:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Why is it such a dream to see all Canadian teams make the playoffs? There's a lot of sub par hockey being played north of the border, and teams like Montreal, Toronto and Edmonton perhaps don't deserve to make the playoffs.

I would much rather see the best teams in the playoffs, irregardless of where they may play. If the best teams al play in Canada, fine, but if this isn't the case, keep your Canadian flag furled up please!

Toronto is horrible, sorry folks, no playoffs this year! Montreal is barely hanging on, they may squeek in, but would be gone in short order. Don't get too excited over Ottawa either, as there are plenty of chinks in their armor.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me, it would just be nice to see a local team win. Our teams in general arent that hot..
I mean, i we keep supporting the teams, but they dont need to win :thumbsdow

I think it would just be nice to see the leafs win one day, but it wont happen anytime soon.
Sometimes i think hockey is fixed :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
NICEGUY said:
On the radio last night they were discussing how management doesnt care if we win because were making loads of cash without it..so why spend :dunno:

Ive been saying this for a long time. :(
That's exactly what Ballard used to say when he owned the leafs, so it's safe to say that mentality has been around for many decades.

I think Ballard said something about "I could dress up monkeys and the fans would come" or something along the same line, but what does that say about the management and fans?

1) Management doesn't care about the fans or skating a cup winning team.
2) Management cares mostly about money, nothing else.
3) The fans wouldn't know the difference between good hockey and bad hockey.
4) Monkeys are treated better than the leaf fans

If I were a leafs fan, I'd be ticked.

just my $0.02 worth

Go-SENS-Go

·
Registered
227 Posts
You Maple Leaf fans have had to suffer for years and most likey, will continue suffering for many more years to come. I'm sure the attitude you mentioned is correct, after all, a ticket to a Leafs game is a precious commodity.

With the success of the Senators, and the with the Sabres improving as well, Leaf fans in the metro Toronto area should jump on the bandwagon of teams that actually want to compete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts