Who will win more games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing Ottawa try to rebuilt and Toronto make some good moves, i think that we shouldn't have to worry about playing them 8 times. We have a better over all team this year. With Raycroft in net, Kubina and Hill backing him up and Peca up front we have made better off-season moves them Ottawa. The northeast divison is ours:D

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Nuh-uh. I don't think so.

There are 3 other team in the division too. Toronto winnign it depends on whether or not:

- Buffalo manages to retain most of their FA's, mostly Briere and Afinogenov. If they can keep most of their younger players, I don't see Toronto passing them this year.

- Montreal's defence can at least be decent, and Huet continues the great play he had last year.

- Boston's offence can keep up with their improved defence. Chara is better than any Leaf d-man IMO, and they have some decent guys around him.

Toronto on the other hand, didn't get a Winger for Mats, yet again, they didn't fill in that 2nd line center position and will have to force Welly in their defence is suspect once again, with McCabe still around.

I don't call this team a contender, and I don't see them winning the division either, especially with the competition they have from the other 3 teams.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
id have to totally agree.. buffalo did pretty well last season! you gotta give those boys props.. I can see a cup in their future definitely;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
the question was between the series of ottawa and toronto..not the division...but i dnt think we will end up on top...just as long as they make the playoffs..is all i can say lol Buffalo is a strong team (as we saw last season, and in the playoffs)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ottawa, Buffalo and Montreal still have the strongest goaltending in the division.

Ottawa easily has one of the best goaltending duos in the nhl now.
While I don't think by any means that there ever will be anoter 8-0 pounding from the sens, the senators are still the superior team defensively and offensively also.

I'll be shocked to see toronto win the division.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ezekiel said:
Ottawa, Buffalo and Montreal still have the strongest goaltending in the division.

Ottawa easily has one of the best goaltending duos in the nhl now.
While I don't think by any means that there ever will be anoter 8-0 pounding from the sens, the senators are still the superior team defensively and offensively also.

I'll be shocked to see toronto win the division.
I said all this, without even mentioning boston who have Toivonen and Thomas....

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
hockey_gurl_13 said:
the question was between the series of ottawa and toronto..not the division...but i dnt think we will end up on top...just as long as they make the playoffs..is all i can say lol Buffalo is a strong team (as we saw last season, and in the playoffs)
Yeah, I just got mixed up a bit when he mentioned winning the division.

As for Ottawa... It's never good to under-estimate them, or any team for that matter.

Toronto's defence is still kind of weak when it comes to the "defencive" side of the game, so if the Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson line stays in tact, it'll be close when it comes to who wins more games.

I expect the Sens to score a lot of goals again, but I doubt it'll be as much as last season's disgrace.

Toronto will be a little more competitive this time around especially with Steen, Wellwood, and Stajan getting more ice-time. That will be great to watch.

Ottawa-5, Toronto-3 is my prediction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts