Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Straight from the NHL rulebook:

69.4 Contact Outside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates any contact with a goalkeeper, other than incidental contact, while the goalkeeper is outside his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Secondly, why are we being so defensive? Elias and Parise and Zajac and Madden are doing an excellent job rushing the puck only to dump it because nobody is home. Martin is buckling under pressure and Havelid is too conservative. The trap works when you have Stevens, Dano, Niedermayer, and Rafalski bluelining, but let's face reality. Let's play some offense and stop looking like a mediocre high-school team with an All-Star goalie. We have the talent, but we are not utilizing it well.

The goal should be disallowed. The truth is, if that was Henrik (although he hugs the crease like a little girl hugging a teddy bear) then I would probably disagree with the throwing of the goal stick and the talking face-to-face with the ref.

We cannot win a cup playing shinny. We also can't win with that kind of officiating (so many questionable icings/no icings, for and against the Devs). We will not win the cup until we stop playing moneyball and use our talent.

Great game tonight. I feel for Marty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree, definitely was interference. One of my friends (who likes the rangers) even agreed with me. haha. Marty had a reason to be pissed, unfortunately all that will probably be shown on sportscenter tonight, hopefully people feel his pain. Devs in 6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts