Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys det won the persident trophy thing and they had the most point and second was ottawa behind 11 points....

look i saw today.,

detroit has NASHVILLE,St. Louis , CBJ AND CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

they faced these four teams 8 times the only good team was nashville .. a

all three were crap. and they won the games and most points in league...:thumbsdow

so the points they had were crappy...:cheeky4:

they enevr were in tough situation thats why they had points..

hopefully these four teams do good next season .........

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
oilers said:
guys det won the persident trophy thing and they had the most point and second was ottawa behind 11 points....

look i saw today.,

all three were crap. and they won the games and most points in league...:thumbsdow

I agree!!!!

If Detroit played in a different division, they wouldn't do as well!!!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
oilers said:

look i saw today.,

Yup, very true.

That's why they were in for a shock when the Oilers came along. That's what happened when they faced a better team than what the Wings had to face most of the season.;)

Also one of the reasons why I dislike teams playing teams in their division 8 times each (for 32 in total).

Detroit plays 24 times against some of the worst teams in the league, so it inflates whatever stats they would have had if they were in a more competitive Division.

It's a similar situation to Dallas with their 11 OT Shoot-out wins.

It's not really fair to everyone else that Columbus, Chicago and St. Louis sucked, but on the other hand, it's kind of funny seeing them get an unexpected jolt once the playoffs roll around.

*kind of*

I still want that changed though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya.... i know like edmonton zone. each team is like equal strong.......
I MEAN NOTHWEST ZONE

anywayz they faced worst teams of league 24 and i think they might have won like 22 of 24 games or even more.....

BUT playoff was a jolt for them u are right.......

but the real teams were ott and carolina OR even dallas i think

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
oilers said:
ya.... i know like edmonton zone. each team is like equal strong.......
I MEAN NOTHWEST ZONE

anywayz they faced worst teams of league 24 and i think they might have won like 22 of 24 games or even more.....

BUT playoff was a jolt for them u are right.......

but the real teams were ott and carolina OR even dallas i think
Yup.

Buffalo too. They were much better than most gave them credit for.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Detroit

I think everyone is going to see the start of the downfall of the detroit red wings now.its not going to be like it has been for years. wings fans had better get use to it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Yup, very true.

That's why they were in for a shock when the Oilers came along. That's what happened when they faced a better team than what the Wings had to face most of the season.;)

*kind of*
QUOTE]

There are no easy wins in hockey. Even if you are better on paper the players still have to play. And that is why Detroit lost to the Oilers. Nobody showed up to play except a selected few.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE]

There are no easy wins in hockey. Even if you are better on paper the players still have to play. And that is why Detroit lost to the Oilers. Nobody showed up to play except a selected few.[/QUOTE]

LOL But u do accept that they had points playing weak teams......? u are starting new topic. so be on the topic.... that was just a example

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
I think everyone is going to see the start of the downfall of the detroit red wings now.its not going to be like it has been for years. wings fans had better get use to it.

I like to call it a general rebuild.. which they are due for one.. i could almost say they are due for a rebuild.. cause they had a general wearing out process. and im sorry to all the other fans that think that they had it easy, yes, they crumbled when it came to edmonton, that is because we are lacking strength as far as wingers go, *referring to the pavel Datsyuk line**Pavel couldnt even penetrate center ice, that is why you donot have wingers that are 170lbs trying to battle up ice, when you have a small center its good to have bigger wingers! , thats common hockey knowledge*, and now goaltending, I think defense is ok.. i wouldnt say it was the best.. but i think what you will see is five years of rebuild and revamping the team,
salvaging out the good and the bad... well thats my thought for now.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
StevieY19 said:
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Yup, very true.

*kind of*
There are no easy wins in hockey. Even if you are better on paper the players still have to play. And that is why Detroit lost to the Oilers. Nobody showed up to play except a selected few.
Not saying that Edmonton was better than Detroit, I mean better than what Detroit had to face for a chunk of the regular season.

I'm not sure about there being no easy wins in Hockey (I saw Ottawa destroy my team 8-1 and 8-0 a few times), but I do agree that the better team on paper doesn't guarantee a win on the ice.

I still think that the better team usually wins though, that's when the term "upset" comes into play, for when it doesn't. I wouldn't call the Oilers beating Detroit an upset though. The Oilers underacheived all year, and some players on the Red Wings couldn't raise their game in the playoffs. Only Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Lidstrom, Chelios (and for the little that he played) Yzerman showed up. Legace also played well, despite what some say. I don't remember him letting in any weak goals.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
the perfect post! yes, where was datsyuk, he was a no show because there were no strong wingers! that still urks me! if they arent going to get strong wingers for his line, then I would like to see a trade, we could use that money..

stupid Holland!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rids said:
Carolina didn't exactly have the toughest regular season either. Weak division, little travelling, didn't leave their time zone from Dec. to June.
The standout statistic for the 'canes, was their record when playing from behind going into the third period. That stat, was strong even against the toughest teams in the nhl. I remember games vs ottawa, philadelphia...etc, where carolina was looking like it was going to get spanked....only to score a flurry of goals, and have their goaltending shut it down for the remainder of the game.

If that type of play dosen't earn you the label of "champion"....I don't know what does.

Detroit simply couldn't handle the tougher, more determined play of the edmonton oilers.
(Having it easy all season long, is not a favorable position to be in once you make the playoffs).

·
Registered
52 Posts
oilers said:
QUOTE]

LOL But u do accept that they had points playing weak teams......? u are starting new topic. so be on the topic.... that was just a example[/QUOTE]

I have no argument for that. Of course they were able to pad their stats by being in a weak division. But I like to think that the central division was weak because Detriot was so good.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts