Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember two years ago thinking, wow the Pens had so many injuries, I couldn't remember a year as bad. Then cam last year, and I thought, Jeez, two years in a row with so many injuries, what's the chances of that.

And now this year. So far, starting to look like a broken record. Crosby missing significant time, Malkin was in and out, but now better. Staal missing again. Letang, concussion, don't know when we'll see him. Michalek, concussion, may be soon but still don't know when we'll see him. Kennedy missed 11 games with a concussion. Lovejoy, out long term.

Heck last night agains Buffalo, the pens basically played with a minor league defense. Out of the lineup were Martin, Michelek, Letang and Lovejoy. Basically their 1,2,3 and 6 defensemen.

Its a good thing that the Pens are deep in Defensemen. Actually it was great to see Despre play, he's definitely a future NHL'er, and I thought that Picard looked pretty good.

Anyway, I really hope is not a complete season of this again.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I should say that these minor league defensemen did pretty good job last night against the Sabres and it was a real fun to watch. But this terrible injury deja vu is driving me absolutely crazy.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should say that these minor league defensemen did pretty good job last night against the Sabres and it was a real fun to watch. But this terrible injury deja vu is driving me absolutely crazy.
I'm excited about Despres, he's going to be good. Sneep, looks like he could be a servicable inexpensive number 5/6 defensemen

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone think it's time for the Pens to check the waiver wire and claim a few players or maybe make a trade or 2 ???
No need to yet, our depth is still holding fast so there is no need to panic. If more of the injuries are season enders, then it may be time to look.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For perspective, here's what the Pens were missing on Saturday Night in regards to salary cap

Sidney Crosby ($8.7 million)
Jordan Staal ($4 million)
Kris Letang ($3.5 million)
Paul Martin ($5 million)
Zbynek Michalek ($4 million)
Brian Strait ($861,667)
Dustin Jeffrey ($575,000)
Richard Park ($550,000),
Robert Bortuzzo ($535,000)
Ben Lovejoy ($525,000)

The Penguins beat Buffalo with players boasting a combined cap hit of $28,246,667 this season out of the lineup.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the reverend Lovejoy made it back tonight for the game against the Hawks. One down, too many to count to go.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well the reverend Lovejoy made it back tonight for the game against the Hawks. One down, too many to count to go.
Good to have him back in the lineup and absolutely great to watch how the injury riddled Pens beat the healthy #1 team in the league!!!

:bt

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to have him back in the lineup and absolutely great to watch how the injury riddled Pens beat the healthy #1 team in the league!!!

:bt
Sadly, I think that Shanahan may have a conversation with Engeland in regards to his hit the Hawks game. Although its is first offense, he still may get a game or two for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts