Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cowboys' Owens Denies Suicide Attempt

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer

Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens denied a police report he attempted suicide, saying he became groggy after mixing painkillers with supplements.

He said Wednesday the confusion likely stemmed from an empty bottle of pain medication found by his publicist, who was with him at the time and called 911. He said the rest of the pills were in a drawer.

"I was non-responsive when she made that call," Owens said. "She made the call out of her judgment for my well-being."

Appearing in a news conference at team headquarters a few hours after leaving a hospital for what a police report described as "a drug overdose," Owens wore workout gear and no bandage on his broken right hand. The star receiver smiled and seemed more amused than peeved at the latest ruckus surrounding him.

Owens blamed a combination of hydrocodone, a generic form of Vicodin, with all-natural supplements for making him ill.

"It's very unfortunate for it to go from an allergic reaction to a suicide attempt," he said.
Cowboys' Owens Denies Suicide Attempt

·
Banned
44 Posts
Hes a good player, its sad his personality is upbeat but theres always room for improvement. He likes the media attention, very annoying but good player.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Well... he doesn't look like someone who would attempt that, not that that means much of course.

He seems fine. For now, I'll have to agree that it was a mix up.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Well... he doesn't look like someone who would attempt that, not that that means much of course.

He seems fine. For now, I'll have to agree that it was a mix up.
Yeah, the dude's got $25 million reasons to live, I mean, I know money isn't everything but c'mon he seems like a happy guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts