Hockey Fan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AgJ9B8qkEcEVNJ.VZPPzdm97vLYF?slug=ap-islanders-tavares&prov=ap&type=lgns

John Tavares signed a three-year entry level contract with the New York Islanders, who took the 19-year-old standout first overall in last month’s NHL draft.

The Islanders announced the signing in a statement on Wednesday.

“It’s an exciting time for the Islanders organization as we develop our young talent into a contender,” general manager Garth Snow said. “John provides another important piece to help us achieve our ultimate goal of winning a Stanley Cup.”

· Registered
9 Posts
I was very pleased with Tavares in his NHL debut. He was buzzing for most of the night, and picked up his first NHL goal by being in the right place at the right time.

I don't know if anybody saw it, but he also had a great chance to make it a two-goal night with a breakaway chance coming out of the box. If he would have buried that, the crowd might have started the Coliseum re-build immediately by blowing the roof off of the barn!

It would have been nice to see the Isles get the win, but I'll take the shootout loss and the point in the standings. There is much to be optimistic about on the Island!

Roloson looked very solid too. I think the team is in good hands between the pipes, which is something that Islander fans couldn't say last year. All in all, a very promising start.

:bt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.