Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard today that some scouting thing called Redline (iirc) has Tavares ranked 3rd behind Hedman and Duschene.

To buzzed to look it up. Little help here. :beer

What D'ya think of that?

Been hearing great things about Duschene, but ahead of Tavares?

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Not sure why but his stock seems to be falling. Same kind of thing happened to Esposito a couple of years ago, as the draft drew nearer, he went down.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not sure why but his stock seems to be falling. Same kind of thing happened to Esposito a couple of years ago, as the draft drew nearer, he went down.
Angelo never had the stock of Tavares though.

I still fully expect him to go first. He may not turn out to be a superstar, but you can be pretty confident you have your 1st line center of the future if you draft Tavares. 1st line centers are hard to come by, just ask Edmonton fans.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/The-Summer-Rumor-Mill-CBC-confirms-TavaresLeafs-Rumor-TSNFlyersEmery/1/21042

apparently, Tavares stock isn't too bad if Brian burke and the leafs are open to trading anyone (maybe even schenn) to trade up to get Tavares. Right now, it's all rumors. But makes for an exciting period building up to the draft.
Any deal the Leafs could offer would start with Schenn and Kaberle and you add on after that. All of a sudden there is a three horse race for #1. So now even trading into the top 3 gets expensive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd sure like to see John Taveres in a Leaf uniform .... however with the Islanders having the first pick and in the situation they're in it's unlikely any offer will pry this prize from their hands.
You're probably not far off in your estimation as to what the Leaft would have to offer to get him and then some. If they were at least 2-3 spots closer they might have a shot but I think at this point Burke will have to have a miracle to get him.
We can only hope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts