Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mat Sundin will be out for 2-3 weeks with partial tear in the ligaments in his right elbow. He suffered the injury on Monday against the Flyers.

Sundi has eight goals and 11 assists in 17 games this season.

Good news for Sens fans!!:p

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Sundin out 3-4 weeks
Nov. 8, 2006. 12:24 PM
MARK ZWOLINSKI
SPORTS REPORTER

Toronto Maple Leafs captain Mats Sundin will miss three to four weeks of action with a torn ligament in his right elbow.

He was hurt in the second period of Monday's 4-1 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers at the ACC when the Swedish centre was hit while attempting a wrap-around shot.

Sundin, who was not at Leafs' practice Wednesday at the Lakeshore Lions Arena, will hold a telephone conference call with the media 3:30 p.m. to discuss the injury.

Sundin has eight goals and 19 points in 17 games this year, and is tied for fifth in the NHL with 72 shots on goal.
Sundin

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I don't think an injury to anyone is anything to be excited about.

With that said, that's about 10-15 games for players like Alexander Steen to finally step up and start to get going offencively. The team should still be able to eke out some victories, Mats or no Mats.

I hope for them to be around the .500 in that span, or close to it.

Sundin has played well for the Leafs, and as one of the best centermen in the NHL, he will be missed, but they can't let that hold them down.

He was 5th in the league with shots? Well, I guess that's a testiment to the difference that the coaching change has made, and having an exciting player like Kyle Wellwood on his line to set him up.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Havlat said:
Mat Sundin will be out for 2-3 weeks with partial tear in the ligaments in his right elbow. He suffered the injury on Monday against the Flyers.

Sundi has eight goals and 11 assists in 17 games this season.

Good news for Sens fans!!:p
Real mature dude real mature. You're the second sens fan that has posted something like this. Talk about classless as hell, grow up! :mad: How exactly is it good news for the sens anyway? We don't even play you guys until December 30th! Like the sens are going to catch us in the standings right now anyway! Okay rant over, I hate this, hopefully the guys can step up without Mats in the lineup, c'mon boys!

GO LEAFS GO :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts