Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uniondale, NY (Sports Network) - Steve Sullivan and Paul Kariya scored during a shootout to give Nashville a 2-1 win over the New York Islanders.

Sullivan scored the tying goal midway through the second period for the Predators, who have won back-to-back contests after beginning the season with three straight defeats.

Tomas Vokoun made 26 saves and also stopped Miroslav Satan and Viktor Kozlov during the shootout.

Mike Sillinger scored his 200th career NHL goal, while Mike Dunham came up with 32 saves in a losing cause, as New York had a two-game winning streak broken.

Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro missed his third straight game due to a groin injury.

Vokoun made a pad save on a backhand attempt by Satan, and Sullivan then scored on a shot over the right shoulder of Dunham. Kozlov's shot was stopped by the stick of Vokoun, and Kariya secured the victory with a shot just inside the left post.

The Islanders scored first as Sillinger tallied 4:38 into the opening period. Mike York passed the puck a short distance from the right corner to the right side of the net. That's where Sillinger took the puck, and with his back facing Vokoun, shot a backhander between the netminder's legs.

New York had a golden opportunity to extend its lead later in the first when Satan was all alone at the left side of the net, but the puck trickled between Vokoun's pads and through the crease.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I'm hearing a lot more about Dunham than Dipietro.

Dunham has played well for the Isles so far. I saw the last half of this game on the NHL Network. Nashville is letting a lot of chances slip by. They're way too fancy out there, passing when they should shoot, and too much trying to carry the puck in by themselves.

I didn't see them dump and chase the puck much at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts