Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think its good once in a while to take a break, he did and look, hes doing great :thumbsup:

With only 14 games under his belt the past three years, even Dominik Hasek admits he had no idea what to expect when he started the current NHL campaign.

He entered the Olympic break with a 2.08 goals-against average, .925 save percentage and 28 wins for the Ottawa Senators, despite turning 41 Jan. 29.

“I wasn't sure what kind of a goalie I was going to be before the season, but I am very pleased,” said Hasek, who was uncertain about the timing of his return to the Sens after injuring his groin at the Olympics.

The Dominator has been his old self, earning top spot on The Hockey News top-20 goalie ranking. The ratings, based entirely on a goaltender's performance during the current campaign, are as follows:

1. Dominik Hasek, Ott.
He is second in the league in goals-against average and shutouts (five), tied for third in wins and fourth overall in save percentage. No other goalie ranks in the top five in all of these categories.

2. Miikka Kiprusoff, Cgy.
The man who backstopped the Flames to the Stanley Cup final in 2003-04 picked up right where he left off, leading the NHL with 29 wins and six shutouts.

3. Tomas Vokoun, Nsh.
The backbone of the Predators has posted 28 wins and a .919 save percentage, despite facing an average of 32 shots per game.

4. Henrik Lundqvist, NYR
The rookie has been steady and is a key reason why the Rangers will end their seven-year playoff drought.

5. Manny Legace, Det.
Ascending to the No. 1 job for the first time as an NHLer, he has posted a league-best 1.99 GAA.

For the full list of top 20 goaltenders, pick up the March 7 issue of The Hockey News.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts