Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FRISCO, Tex. (DallasStars.com) – Dallas Stars General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today that the club has activated center Mike Modano from the injured reserve list and that he is expected to play tonight in San Jose (9:30 p.m. CST – My 27).

Modano, 36, has missed the past 23 games from Dec. 6 – Jan. 28 due to an injury he suffered on Dec. 4 vs. San Jose. In 27 games this season with the Stars, he has posted 10 goals and 10 assists for 20 points with 10 penalty minutes and six power play tallies. Among team leaders, he ranks tied for first in game-winners (4), tied for third in power play goals and tied for fourth in goals.

The 6-3, 210-pound center has appeared in 1,206 career NHL games, registering 495 goals and 708 assists for 1,203 points. He is seven goals shy of tying Joe Mullen for first on the all-time U.S. born goal scoring list and is 29 points away from tying Phil Housley for first on the U.S. born points list.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
This is excellent news to hear. Modano is one of my favorite players. I always used to cheer for Dallas in the Stanley Cup Playoffs if Detroit didn't make it or got knocked out. Good to hear that Modano is back in the line-up. Hopefully he stays healthy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts