Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys.. Actually I Was Thinking That I Know Lot Abt Nhl Hockey.. But Me Stupid Was Like ..... Hmm Spezza Scored 91 Points Thats Great!!!!! Bhut Know I Know That He Scored 91 Points In 68 Games!!!!! I Cant Believe That! If He Had Played All Games He Could Have Beaten OVECHKIN'S SCORE OF 106.. AND COULD HAVE GOT ABT 110 POINTS...I Just Hope He Plays Well Next Season What U Think Abt Him

I Am Sure Selectors Will Think Abt Him In 2010 Olympics As He Was Ignored In 2006..... He Was Alternates...:(

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
:cool: Yes, he's a great player.

Both he and Staal should have played in the Olympics, but Canada left them as healthy scratches behind Kris Draper and players of the sort. :rolleyes:

They both would have been a HUGE boost to the team if they were playing, but that didn't happen, and here we are... thinking 2010.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Dion Phaneuf should have played as well, but instead we had Bryan McCabe screwing up and taking terrible penalties in his place. Phaneuf played a solid all-around game last season, a shame that he'll have to wait 4 more years for a chance.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Sometimes he's frustrating to watch, he tries to do too much with the puck, like his fancy moves, when they work, their great, when they don't, it's pretty bad!!, rather than passing it to an open man, he tries to go around everyone on his own.

He's still young and learning.

He will only get better!!! :D

I think he could have been a spark plug for the Olympic team though!!! They should have at least tried putting the younger guys in to see what they could have done, since the old ones couldn't do a damn thing!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
panoo2004 said:
Sometimes he's frustrating to watch, he tries to do too much with the puck, like his fancy moves, when they work, their great, when they don't, it's pretty bad!!
I agree.
I think he needs a slight attitude adjustment, or just a few more years to mature. He's still a cocky little kid on the inside. Until he grows into a man, I feel he needs all the help he can get, if his team is to win a championship.
(I.e a gritty defensive forward on his line...and top notch defensemen behind him to pick up after him with his many brain cramps defensively).

Also, he needs to learn how to hit or to take a hit. I feel until he gets that attitude adjustment, will he remain a detrimental player to his team in the playoffs...while consistently putting up stellar numbers in the regular season.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Spezza has always been arrogant and cocky, thats why he fits in so well in ottawa, the only city were regular season means anything, until this team changes its on ice leadership they will continue to be regular season champs and playoff chumps.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Raybreeze said:
Spezza has always been arrogant and cocky, thats why he fits in so well in ottawa, the only city were regular season means anything, until this team changes its on ice leadership they will continue to be regular season champs and playoff chumps.
I agree, but it's a huge step to acquire a stanley cup winning goaltender and to change makeup of your defensive core, with defencemen who can play big and actually keep up with the fast pace of the new game.

I'll take Martin Gerber over Andrew Raycroft, anyday.
Anyone who has watched Gerber play since his years in the Ducks organization, knows what kind of play he brings onto the ice, and character he brings into the locker room.

I don't think Toronto is that much better off. In the battle of ontario in the playoffs, every single time Toronto won, they went on to lose either the following series or at best....the one after that.

Speaking of playoff chumps, dosen't matter how far you make it in the playoffs, if you weren't in the finals or champions, you weren't that much better off than the Senators.(Talking about your last cup like 40 years ago, is about as laughable as a bruins fan bragging about theirs).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Raybreeze said:

at least they make the playoffs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts