Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October Starts Off Busy For Florida Seals

CELEBRATION, Fla. - With the start of the 2006-2007 Southern Professional Hockey League season coming on October 27, the Florida Seals professional hockey team has a busy opening week of the month planned.

For starters, Head Coach Tommy Stewart is in the process of selecting his team to start the season. He will be continuing to evaluate talent as the Seals hold their second and final free agent tryout camp on October 5 & 6 at the Ice Factory in Kissimmee.

The camp will consist of one ice session each day from 12 noon to 2 P.M. Stewart and the Seals' staff will put the players through drills and scrimmages looking for players to invite to the main training camp starting October 16. The sessions are open to the public so Seals' fans are invited to come and watch the tryouts.

Player wishing to participate in the camp are required to pay a registration fee of $200, which includes the ice sessions. For more information, contact Coach Stewart at [email protected] or General Manager Bryan Elliott at [email protected] or call the Seals' office at (407) 343-PUCK (7825).

Off the ice, the team is also preparing for auditions for the B & W Mobile Auto Detailing Florida Seals Ice Girls promotional team on Saturday October 7 at 10 A.M. at the Osceola Heritage Park Exhibition Hall in Kissimmee Room B. Registration for the auditions starts at 9:30 A.M.

This year, the Ice Girls will be split into two squads. One will be a promotions team that will interact with fans, appear at community events and represent at promotions all over Central Florida. The other will be a dance team that will perform choreographed numbers between periods at Seals' home games throughout the regular season and the playoffs.

Ladies wishing to audition must be at least 18 years of age by October 7, 2006 and present a valid driver's license at the audition. They will be expected to learn a short dance number, perform a talent of their choosing and participate in individual interviews with members of the Seals' staff.

The cost of registration for the audition is $20 (non-refundable). Applicants can go to the Seals' web site, www.floridaseals.com , download the application form, complete it and send it with the fee, a resume and a non-returnable current photograph to: Florida Seals, 215 Celebration Place, Suite 500, Celebration, Florida 34747. Application packets must be received at the Seals's office no later than October 5, 2006.

For more information, contact Community Relations / Ice Girls Coordinator Kristin DeCubellis at [email protected] or by calling (407) 343-PUCK (7825).

The Florida Seals are currently in preparation for the 2006-2007 SPHL season. The Seals return to the Silver Spurs Arena is only days away. Florida Seals will begin their season at home on October 27th vs. Huntsville at 7:35pm. Season ticket packages and corporate sponsorship opportunities are currently available. For more information please call the Seals at (407) 343-7825 or log on to www.floridaseals.com.

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cottonmouths sign Johnson and new snakes

COLUMBUS, Ga. - Head Coach Jerome Bechard and the Columbus Cottonmouths signed defensemen Brock Johnson, Cory Graboski, and Shane Koehler today. Johnson makes his return to the Snake Pit for his third professional season, while Graboski and Koehler will be making their debut as Snakes.

Brock Johnson has been steadily improving his games since he joined the team in 2004. During the 2004-2005 season, he ranked second on the team with the most penalty minutes. Over the span of his Cottonmouths career, he has totaled 4 goals and 10 assists.

"I want him to step up his game and become a leader for the team," stated Bechard. "I challenged him to work on improving his strength over the summer, and I hope he took me seriously. I want him to become one of our top defensemen this season."

The Nelson, British Columbus native continues to make his Cottonmouths stay a family affair by playing with his cousin, captain Craig Stahl, for a third season.

The Cottonmouths will also welcome Cory Graboski to the Snake Pit this season. The 23-year-old has been referred to by previous coaches as a team player who plays good defense. His prior stays include the Merritt Centennials, the Swift Current Broncos, the Chilliwack Chiefs, and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.

"When I talked to his past coached, they gave me a picture of a 'Brad Prefontaine' player," said Bechard about his new addition to the team. "He is a solid, steady player who is not afraid to drop the gloves when the time comes."

Shane Koehler will also be added to the roster this season. Koehler, originally from Leduc, Alberta, has played for the Yorkton Terriers for two seasons. He totaled 98 games played and scored an overall 4 goals and 22 assists while playing for the Terriers.

"I am ready to see him compete," stated Bechard. "He was the top forward defenseman on his team and I expect to see him bring that same momentum here."

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ice Bears Invite Latvian goalie Mustukovs to camp

The Knoxville Ice Bears have invited Latvian goaltender Ervins Mustukovs to training camp.

Ervins, 6ft 2 inch 175 pounds, has experience in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey, where he played for the Drummondville Voltigers in 2003-2004. Ervins has played in Europe since 2005.

According to Head Coach Jim Bermingham "I have spoke with many of Ervin's coach's and he is a quick goalie with a great work ethic, the goalie position is wide open and I will be bringing in a couple other top notch young goaltenders to compete for the job"

The Ice Bears will be playing the Huntsville Havoc October 20th @ the Knoxville Civic Coliseum. Call 525 7825 for your tickets. Good seats are still available. Game time is 7:30pm

HOME OPENER WEEKEND- OCTOBER 20-21

Get your tickets NOW! Call 525-PUCK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts